Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #141

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
We were there in June and would like an excuse to go back.
My wife wants to go to the black hills, Vernal, Utah, and Hershey PA. So, if a rally is in that area, we are on our way.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #142

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Dickson, This sentence almost reads like an apology. There is no need at all to assume that you tried your best when in fact, Tracy was all over this thing like a pit bull. Her tenacity to get it right speaks volumes toward getting the job done. Your leadership in this effort was exceptional and you both made the National a complete success.

Huzzah, to both Dickson and Tracy!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #143

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Possible location and time frame for 2013 National Rally

I would like to throw this out there and see if there is any interest. There is a campground in Foxboro Ma. call Normandy Farms. They do host rallies, have a conference building, contacts for catering, bus tours to Boston sites, and entertainment. They are busy on weekends so it is hard to get Sun thru Sat like we did this year. Generally Sun thru Fri. They do however have 143 sites avilable from Sun 29 Sept 2013 thru Sat 5 Oct. Cool nights beautiful folage this time of year.
Is there any interest. I've never done this and I am new at iRV2 but maybe willing to step up with help. I live in NC but I'm originally from that area so I can make site surveys when needed.

PS, all sites are full hookup with 50amp service.

Bob
Capt USMC Ret.
2003 Challenger
Old 10-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #144

That one looks nice.
Making plans for next year, one more trip this year for us. Next year hopefully; Charlotte for NASCAR and Ashland WV for ATVing.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #145

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post
I would like to throw this out there and see if there is any interest. There is a campground in Foxboro Ma. call Normandy Farms. They do host rallies, have a conference building, contacts for catering, bus tours to Boston sites, and entertainment. They are busy on weekends so it is hard to get Sun thru Sat like we did this year. Generally Sun thru Fri. They do however have 143 sites avilable from Sun 29 Sept 2013 thru Sat 5 Oct. Cool nights beautiful folage this time of year.
Is there any interest. I've never done this and I am new at iRV2 but maybe willing to step up with help. I live in NC but I'm originally from that area so I can make site surveys when needed.

Bob
Capt USMC Ret.
2003 Challenger
Hello Bob,

This fits into our schedule perfectly! We're already planning a trip down the Atlantic coast to revel in the autumn colors. We've been working on our itenerary for our autumn trip and we could almost guarantee we'd be there as participants.

There are certainly lots of great places to visit - several of them mentioned on this thread. I'm still keen on Elkhart but I'm also not able to take time putting together a rally so I've been staying relatively quiet on the subject. But MA in the fall works for me/us! Please consider putting together a proposal and submitting it the moderators.

Thanks, Lucius
Old 10-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #146

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbunz View Post

Bob
Capt USMC Ret.
2003 Challenger
We'll be there..

Please do the proposal as noted above..
Was in Humarock and Chicopee Ma this year "on the way" to the Rally..

Note to first time New England Campers.. the tolls in the Northeast can be quite a surprise so PLAN your trip (Hudson River Crossings, SRW truck and two axle 5er, $32.00 at The George Washington (I-95), $27.00 at the Tapan Zee (I-287) but $6.00 at Newburgh (I-84), so PLAN) The NY Thruway costs a fortune but the Mass and NJ Turnpikes can be very reasonable, all toll facilities should have an on line toll schedule/calculator..

More "how to get to New England" tips if we end up there
Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #147

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Sandman,
You are correct the tolls can be high depending on your route. I am from that area and when I travel there from the coast of NC to see family, I travel uop around DC and hit 50 toward Annapolis and then through PA to Garden State PKy where I believe there are three small tolls, then across the Tappenzee bridge for a good toll, but that is the last toll I hit all the way up to Foxboro using 95N through RI. So you must plan your route. Anyone going up 95 try not to go through NYC over the George Washington Bridge. If you want to take the New Jersey Turnpike get off exit 11 to the Garden State Pky to the Tappenzee. My less hassel. I am waiting on info from the campground, and if I think I can pull it off I will submit a proposal. We will have to see.

Bob
Capt USMC Ret.
2003 Damon Challenger
Old 10-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #148

Thor Owners Club
Tracy and I have have been busy with our new horse farm adventure ... Just checking on any members stepping up to host 2013... We have a outline for the Amman Colonies in Iowa and we will be happy to help get a member started with the process and we will help along the way... but we do not have the time to do all the leg work.... So ... Where does the 2013 rally stand ? ... D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 10-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixieray53 View Post
Tracy and I have have been busy with our new horse farm adventure ... Just checking on any members stepping up to host 2013... We have a outline for the Amman Colonies in Iowa and we will be happy to help get a member started with the process and we will help along the way... but we do not have the time to do all the leg work.... So ... Where does the 2013 rally stand ? ... D
Dickson,

Karen and I offered to help and that offer still stands provided the Rally is held either in Amana Colonies or Elkhart Indiana. As you may recall Karen was operated on for cancer a few months ago and is doing fine. She has to go through full body scans every three months looking for more tumors so we do not know what condition she will be in come next rally. With all this in mind we can't take the lead and assume the roll of Wagon Master...we would if we could.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #150

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
Dickson,

Karen and I offered to help and that offer still stands provided the Rally is held either in Amana Colonies or Elkhart Indiana. As you may recall Karen was operated on for cancer a few months ago and is doing fine. She has to go through full body scans every three months looking for more tumors so we do not know what condition she will be in come next rally. With all this in mind we can't take the lead and assume the roll of Wagon Master...we would if we could.

Hope all is well.... I was just really fishing to get some traction on next year... I really get tired of everyone offering sites...but no one steps up.
I have had this discussion with the Admin staff.... if we are going to grow... we need the troop to step up.... Trace and I will help...But can not spend the time needed to do the rally justice.... Our best to you... D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Old 10-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #151
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
One idea would be if we could get many members to say they'd pitch in, as the TheArnolds have done, to help put on the National. This way, no one member would feel overwhelmed to do it all. What's that phrase?...many hands make light work.

There are multiple roles associated with a rally once a location is determined (coordinating financials, site assignments, welcoming arrivals, assembling packets, meals, entertainment, contacting vendors/sponsors for door prizes...etc. etc...) & spreading those roles out takes the pressure off. Having been through coordinating the '09, even though it was still a lot of work, it was easier because we had at least 6 families involved in the main prep & a bunch more members who came a day or two prior to the rally start to handle the last-minute details.

If we get enough members who'll be willing to take on the different segments of rally planning/implementation & work as a team we can have one heck of a National.

Lori-
Old 10-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #152

There is 2 great location in the Washington DC location. One is called cherry hill and the other is called Bull run regional park. Both of these locations are served by the metro rail and will provide easy access into washington. I would be willing to assist someone in making this happen. If I didnt work 50 hrs a week I would get this going since we have a lot of people sitting on the sideline waiting for it to happen. I am thinking maybe get this trip going in the spring time around march.

So here is my proposal:
location- Washington DC area
Time- March 23 to March 30
Organizer- 1/2 Me and 1/2-someone else

Discuss!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:26 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by csikes91 View Post
There is 2 great location in the Washington DC location. One is called cherry hill and the other is called Bull run regional park. Both of these locations are served by the metro rail and will provide easy access into washington. I would be willing to assist someone in making this happen. If I didnt work 50 hrs a week I would get this going since we have a lot of people sitting on the sideline waiting for it to happen. I am thinking maybe get this trip going in the spring time around march.

So here is my proposal:

Discuss!
I love the DC Metro area, lived in the area on and off from 69-84. As mentiond previously I would be willing to help however I was planning on a fall Rally so the dates suggested above have already been booked on my calendar. If it gets switched to the fall count me in as a helper...just tell me what to do?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #154

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by csikes91 View Post

So here is my proposal:

Discuss!
I like the idea and would be willing to help, but March is too early for us. My DH had lung cancer surgery and is slowly very slowly healing. The Dr. said it will take a year for him to heal. Love Bull Run. I can take on the welcome packets and meal aspect.

Tags
national, rally