Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #29

I-15 booked. Clerk asked for my screen name. It seems they are very busy with calls but they were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
mcbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
DriVer -- I asked Lori about an idea I had & she suggested I get in touch w/ you. Here goes:

I would be willing to teach a craft class if there is space in the schedule and perhaps others would too. PM me if you're interested.

Also, we organized an informal bring/buy/swap event which went very well. Born out of a conversation about all the unneeded items we all carry around, some folks said that if they had known this was going to happen, they would have brought more of their excess stuff along especially for it. Such an opportunity might be welcomed in MB, as well.

Sounds like we're up & running well toward 2014. Looking forward to it!

Cheers!
Sue
Sue; At the 2012 Rally in Sevierville we had a Scrapbooking Class for the ladies. The kits and instruction cost $20 per person. The class was well received and the ladies enjoyed it. How much time do you need for the class?

We certainly do have room at this time for crafts and I should be able to get it on the schedule. If you need to build a kit or charge for those materials please let me know and I'll get that plugged into our ticketing system. If you think that you are going to need seed money please let me know and we'll see what we can do.

In so far as a swap meet, I'll write you down as the person in charge and I will include it on the schedule. A swap meet should last for approximately 3 to 4 hours. There are large dumpsters behind the hall so if folks don't want the stuff back we'll we have a file for that!

I can contribute a dozen or more jigsaw puzzles.

What we need to do is take all the stuff down concluding the event and restore the room as it may be needed for other activities.

I have written both of these items down on my planning schedule.

Thank you ....
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just made our reservation for site HH13. Elaine, Addie (our boxer mix) and I are looking forward to it. We are going to stay a couple of extra days so will be moving to 2089 for Saturday and Sunday night.

It appears that many of the sites will not accommodate a 40 foot coach. But the girl was very helpful in trying to find me a spot.

See you all there!!
Mountain Master Motorcycle Lift, 2018 Harley Davidson CVO Limited
wlf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #32

Damon Owners Club
Made reservation today, they do require your IRV2 screen(user)name to complete the reservation.
They put us in HH5, which looks like a good location
in the park, and has concrete pad.
You can access the campground site map on their website.
Looking forward to it !
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #33

Thor Owners Club
Tracy and I are picking up our new to us 5th wheel Saturday. We will be making reservations tomorrow. I know... If you know us the question would be why did you just sell one in January and turn around and buy another ?... Very good question . I just don't have a good answer.
I'll be showing off the 2012 Copper Canyon soon...

Back in the RV' ing family....... D&T

PS ...Still don't know who will watch the 4 horses...but will hitch that wagon down the road.....
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are at OL now and made our reservations for the rally. We will be on HH47.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #35

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Now were talking good location
5 Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #36

Hey Save us a Place !!

Laughs,

Please just save us a space for a 40' MH I cant make reservations until after the first of the year.

Thanks !!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #37

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
Close to home for you Mike.
We did 8500 miles out west up to 9700 ft. with your tune on our 2003 F250 V10. Hope to see you at the rally.
Jim&MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #38
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
Looking forward to seeing you here Mike.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Itinerary and Rally fees

Just working out some of the planning to hope to come to Myrtle Beach. Any idea on the itinerary and rally fees? I realize it's too early to have it all calculated but an estimate would help in the planning. Also I wish there were a partial week option.... We have family in the area and more family/the GRANDKIDS!!! that we could work into our trip if we only stayed half the week. You know some of us still have that Four Letter Word looming over us WORK and limited vacation time to try and fit in as much as possible.
KRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRose View Post
Just working out some of the planning to hope to come to Myrtle Beach. Any idea on the itinerary and rally fees? I realize it's too early to have it all calculated but an estimate would help in the planning. Also I wish there were a partial week option.... We have family in the area and more family/the GRANDKIDS!!! that we could work into our trip if we only stayed half the week. You know some of us still have that Four Letter Word looming over us WORK and limited vacation time to try and fit in as much as possible.
You're right, it is a little early to bring price estimates into the conversation.

What the Rally Fee will be comprised of, is going to be largely related meals, on-site entertainment and the shared cost associated of putting on the rally. All the tours and outside entertainment will be offered separately because not everyone is going to want to do the same thing. I will organize a few of these events in the hope of bringing down the price due to the numbers of folks that will book one event or another. Attendees can pick and choose the optional events.

A lot of folks are just going to want to go off on their own so I will be planning for times of no organized activities. (Eg. Shopping; Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, Coastal Grand Mall, 2 Tanger Outlets and more)

It is likely that we will have 2 seminar days however I want to limit the seminars to no more than 6 per day, start at 9:00, 1 hour lunch and over by 4:00. Whether or not we can fill all the seminar slots will depend on how many speakers we will have.

We will have our traditional morning coffee and donuts if we are not already having a breakfast. I expect that we will also have an ice cream social during the event.

There are so many stage shows in Myrtle Beach and I expect to book at least 1 or 2 of these events possibly preceded by an outside dinner. I have attended several dining establishments in the area and there are some better than others when it comes to moving people in and out of the restaurant so we can make the show times.

In regard to tours, I am in the process of figuring out which ones will serve our purposes best and it will depend on a few variables. Busses are going to be expensive however every one arrives at the same time and place. I have always liked to pursue car pooling since it costs way less and folks have options when they are travelling. A good GPS and a cheat sheet will typically work well. We did use a bus during our 2011 rally in Virginia. Some folks will remember the Williamsburg Tour.

We are planning on putting up a ticketing system and once that's up and running, members can just click on the items they want to buy.

What is important in all of this more than the expense is time. Releasing the rally dates and location up to a year in advance will hopefully allow folks to book their vacations and other time considerations well in advance. We hope that this will be of help to National Rally attendees in 2014 and beyond.

I expect that the pricing for the event will be made available on or about February 1, 2014 or sooner.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #41
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just booked site H-64. I am going to try and do Camp Freightliner on the way in so I may come in a couple of days early. Mike per your request I will host the morning Coffee Hour for the mornings you need it. This will be my 3rd rally at OL.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
I just booked site #64.
Don, I'm going to go with H64 since that's the only "64" that we have.

Thanks for working the Coffee and Donuts. You're the man!

Tags
national, national rally, rally, myrtle beach