Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #71

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
If looking to see a lot in one location you might want to check out the big Hersey Pennsylvania show in September. There's also an FMCA rally in Massachusetts this August and what will likely be their bigger event next March in Arizona. Another of the biggest RV related shows each year is the Tampa super show each January. Good Sam has a major rally/show every year too, can't tell you right now where or when.

As Lori said, the nature of these mega rallies is entirely different, attracting thousands, but they'll have dozens of seminars each day, new RVs and everything you could ever think of, much you'd never dream of, on display and for sale. Those rallies will have daily rates.
Thank you JMonroe!
rdalemercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 02:11 PM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
This may help and give you an idea of an FMCA Rally:

This is info regarding the upcoming West Springfield, Mass convention in early August:

West Springfield 2016 International Convention

Exhibitor listing:

FMCA Conventions

Registration Info: (You would want a Passport registration unless you already have a motor coach by that time)

Register Now

There will be an FMCA convention next year in Indianapolis, which may be closer for you, not sure of the month but most likely August.

If you haven't already, look over the Family Motor Coach (FMCA) web site, FMCA.com

Good luck, and if you ever go, I hope you enjoy.

Glenn
Hi Glenn!
Thanks for the links. Unless I win the lottery - I won't have a coach by this show in August - and unfortunately, this year is just not possible, so I may have to look towards the FMCA show in Indianapolis next year!

Dale.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalemercer View Post
Hi Glenn!
Thanks for the links. Unless I win the lottery - I won't have a coach by this show in August - and unfortunately, this year is just not possible, so I may have to look towards the FMCA show in Indianapolis next year!

Dale.
I understand Dale but the links give you an idea of what happens at the mega rally's.

I plan on being there (Indianapolis) - maybe we'll run into each other.

Take care,

g
Old 07-09-2016, 06:26 AM   #74

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Glenn View Post
I understand Dale but the links give you an idea of what happens at the mega rally's.

I plan on being there (Indianapolis) - maybe we'll run into each other.

Take care,

g
Thanks Glenn!
Maybe I mis-wrote. The links provided great information about the FMCA mega rally's AND, based on reviewing the provided links, I plan to attend the Rally in Indianapolis next year. I just can't get to the one that's happening this year in early August because of prior commitments.

I do hope that we can run into each other in Indy!

Thanks again,
Dale.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:58 PM   #75
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Ok, now that that's settled, let's get this thread back on topic of the iRV2 rally.

Thank you,
Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #76

Talking Done!!

Campground and Rally booked! This will be my first RV Rally of any sort with any group, even though I've been RVing since 2002. Now that I'm fulltime... it's "get-involved" time. Looking forward to the seminars.

Christine
Hummingbird3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:01 PM   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
The iRV2 Rally Committee is pleased to announce that "My RV School Drivers Training" will be attending the Rally and are scheduled to present a driving safety seminar on Tuesday morning at 9:00am.
My RV School Drivers Training is a premier RV training school that offers custom training on an hourly basis at very competitive rates. We provide valuable one on one training behind the wheel of your motorized or towable RV. A personal seminar prior to each training session is provided and we follow that with hands-on training with you and your co-driver during your scheduled time slot.
We cover the following topics:
Safe operation behind the wheel
Staying safe while on the road
Hitching and unhitching of trailers/tow car
Proper turning techniques
Backing into a campsite
Towing a trailer/car
Setting up/tearing down at a campsite
Tire safety
RV care
RV maintenance
Proper holding tank maintenance
How to use the equipment in the RV
My RV School Drivers Training offers customized training built for your specific needs. We have an instructional designer that can develop any training regimen. Please give us a call for a specialized training quote and let us fulfill all of your training needs.
If you are wanting to be among the first on the list for a personal one-on-one training session, please use this link to the --> Signup Sheet . The training sessions will be made available to you during your stay in Elkhart.

For more information:
Jeff Gaston
855-My RV 123
myrvschool@mail.com
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #78

Man I wish we had seen this earlier :-(.
We are booked with a few friends from Sept.8th - 13th at Presquille Provincial Park. Now that we are not working & would have loved to go that way, but ...
I hope we hear about next years rally before we get booked up & if not too far will be there. We tow a KZ Sportsmen 261RK and the longest trip was to Bar Harbour from Whitby. Hope everyone has FUN. Bob & Judy
2003 Ram 1500 QC 2X4 Hemi 3:55 Replaced with
2014 Ram 1500 QC 4X4 Hemi 3:92
2011 KZ S261RK Sportsmen
3andacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Ray, You can't ever tell what the fates will dictate. Would have liked for you to have been there.
Mike, I just received the irv2.com email. Our plans that prevented us attending are cancelled, as well as all our plans for any RVing this summer/fall.
My wife was in a very serious auto accident last Feb., and we never imagined she would still be awaiting surgery on her leg; but we are. Her surgery is now scheduled for August, which means she will still be recovering and having physical therapy 3 days a week during Sep.

If her leg does not heal correctly, our RVing is finished.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #80
Community Administrator

Very sorry to hear this Ray. I hope all goes well and a speedy recovery.
Cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Mike, I just received the irv2.com email. Our plans that prevented us attending are cancelled, as well as all our plans for any RVing this summer/fall.
My wife was in a very serious auto accident last Feb., and we never imagined she would still be awaiting surgery on her leg; but we are. Her surgery is now scheduled for August, which means she will still be recovering and having physical therapy 3 days a week during Sep.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #81
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Sorry to hear about Lin. Wishing her a successful surgery & speedy recovery.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:21 AM   #82
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I'm wishing for the best possible outcome for your wife and I certainly hope that you will be RV'ing again. We'll be here next year, not to worry.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:52 AM   #83

Carolina Campers
I'm in! Campground reservation complete, Rally reservation complete, See you in September!
seeinsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #84
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeinsilver View Post
I'm in! Campground reservation complete, Rally reservation complete, See you in September!

gMw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
national, national rally, rally