Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2005, 07:31 AM   #1

Has anymore thought been given to Medical Emergency's that come up prior to the National Rally or are we just going to let it keep going as in the past? There needs to be a written policy put in place. Something like 50% refund up to 3 days prior to rally start date . Doctors letter to be sent prior to refund being issued or something like that. Also needs to be put in registration forms. You may get more attendees with this policy. I know last year it held about 15-20 people from coming.
Derek
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2005, 07:31 AM   #2

Has anymore thought been given to Medical Emergency's that come up prior to the National Rally or are we just going to let it keep going as in the past? There needs to be a written policy put in place. Something like 50% refund up to 3 days prior to rally start date . Doctors letter to be sent prior to refund being issued or something like that. Also needs to be put in registration forms. You may get more attendees with this policy. I know last year it held about 15-20 people from coming.
Derek
Old 09-14-2005, 04:28 PM   #3

Derek the poicy will be simple.

When someone is registered and needs to cancel I will TRY to find others who did not register or purchase event tickets to buy the unused items. If so the recovered funds will be sent to the folks who needed to cancel. If not, no refund.

All events, campground fees, bus trips and such will have to be paid in full two months and in one case three months in advance. So as you can see those funds will not be recoverable by IRV2.COM. So we cannot refund funds unless we are able to recover them by another person/persons that attend buying them.

I hate to come off as a jerk or hard hearted person, but I cannot afford to eat several hundred dollars "Hit" to the rally budget if someone cancels.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:09 AM   #4

Don,
I realize that there has not been any policy keeping any type of reserve funds for medical emergency refunds. What I had hoped for was that the adminnistration had taken this under advisment since the last rally and developed some sort of new policy. Guess not. Seems like there could have been a small percentage (10%) added on. What would that have added to the basis camping fees, $20.00, at most. If none was used then the slush fund could have been transffered on to futur rallys for the same purpose. Being included no one would know. What happened to the idea from last years rally that one of the administrators where going to look into one of those sickness/medical plans like the airlines and cruise ship offer? This way it would have been a option for the registrant to opt for. Did anyone follow up on that or was it just dropped.
Please realize I am not trying to be a pain in the a** about this, but just trying to improve our rallys for everyone. If the party's that are selected for the 2007 rally are interested I have a few ideas regarding Insurance for Medical Emergency's. I know it's too late for 2006 but no one asked for any input
Derek
Old 09-15-2005, 04:37 AM   #5

Derek you are not being a pain in the rump, just concerned.

Cruise ships have 1000-2000 folks per trip. We will have less than 100. In order to give folks as much bang for the buck and keep the costs to a minimum, the costs will NOT be jacked up in any way if I can help it.

The policy I have is in my opinion as fair as I can make it.

My father had to bail out of the 2003 rally in Nashville at the last minute for medical resons. We did not expect any refunds of any type. But as it turned out there was someone who needed the slot and the events that they had scheduled. So we were quite surprised to get any of that money back.

That event is what I base my policy on...

If that is not good enough for anyone, sorry but that is my position. It will not waiver. (I am quite hard headded, just ask my wife )
Old 09-15-2005, 05:00 AM   #6

Don I will send you a e-mail with some suggestions for the future. One of these could be selected and included in the rally wagonmasters packets for national rallys. This way it would become part of the rally package availability if the registrant wishes, but would be his option. Of course this would have to be decided by the administraters if they wanted to make this available to the rally attendees.
Derek
Old 09-17-2005, 03:46 AM   #7

Derek:

What a wonderful idea about pursuing information on an insurance policy which would cover illness or other emergencies after deposits have been made for events.

You are so good about gleaning information on everything you invest in, (i.e. we paid $500+ for our RV window shades - you paid $100!) and I think you should check this out. I'm guessing that there must be something out there at a low cost, to cover such circumstances.

I bet more folks would sign up way in advance for the National Rally if they had the assurance that they would recover most, if not all, of their deposit, should an emergency arise.

You GO, Guy! If anyone can find the best "bang for the buck", it's you!

The Princess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mindcandies:
Don I will send you a e-mail with some suggestions for the future. One of these could be selected and included in the rally wagonmasters packets for national rallys. This way it would become part of the rally package availability if the registrant wishes, but would be his option. Of course this would have to be decided by the administraters if they wanted to make this available to the rally attendees.
Derek </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:08 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mindcandies:
Don I will send you a e-mail with some suggestions for the future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Derek, I think it's commendable that you are willing to work through these issues with the spirit of cooperation and suggestion. I'm sure that if there's a way our Wagon Master will try to make it work.

I do however support Don's final decision in this matter because he's done this stuff once before and he's doing it again for us a second time.

Don has a lot of things on his plate right now with Katerina and all that so most likely less is more when it comes to working with Don right now.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:55 AM   #9

Driver I sent Richard a e-mail with my suggestion on emergency medical insurance. I can foward the e-mail to you also. It is probrably too late for this year (maybe not) but would have to be taken under quick study. Again I belive this would be of little to NO cost to IRV2. I belive this was going to be looked into after last years rally but have heard nothing either by posts or e-mail so apparently nothing was done. I was hopeing something would have been been posted or sent to me letting me know what transpired or my input was not desired at that time. If you would like a copy of mail sent to Richard just let me know where you would like it sent to. I will send this to any moderator or administrator that would like a copy if that's ok.
Derek
Edited for clarification
Old 09-17-2005, 08:45 AM   #10

Since this is a volunteer-run forum and the national rallies are also volunteer-run, why don't some of us Florida Boomers pick up the responsibility for trying to find an insurance policy that would allow more people plan to attend the national rally? There's no reason that the highest up volunteers need to do all the leg work for all the details that go into making the national rally go as well as the 2005 rally went. Especially given that the Wagonmaster for the event is located in Baton Rouge and had already agreed to manage a large event out of his local area.

By coincidence, I received an email from a friend who puts together cruise packages for groups yesterday. She is planning a cruise to Australia/New Zealand for January 2007, and I notice that she has cruise insurance available. I would be happy to talk to her to see how she has pulled that off, and she is another resource in addition to Derek who can really locate bargains that work.

The Florida Boomers have too many members, including us, who would love to attend the national rally, but whose precarious health situations make it very difficult to commit so far ahead of time. How about letting us take on the responsibility for coming up with a package that will allow more of us to sign up? We really appreciate all the work you guys have done over the last few years to get irv2 going, but you really don't need to try to do it all. That results in your being forced to make managerial decisions that keep people away. There are only 24 hours in a day and a lot of us still work and a lot of us have been dealing with hurricane and other personal life events. The way I see it, if the Sevierville rally is going to be a success, we can't all sit out here and say, oh, Don and the others are so great and the national rallies have been so good, it'll all work out - that's just not fair.

I know I'm just a member and don't know everything that the administrators have lined up, but this does look like a good spot for us to try to help out. I apologize if you just really don't want or need this kind of effort from some of us regular members. But in case you think this is a good idea, just let us know and we'll jump on it and try to make it happen for you.

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:26 AM   #11

Mary, I don't have ANY problem with what you posted!

If you are willing to "Take the bull by the horns" and head that up, I think it could only HELP.

Bill would need to send whoever does do this a message as to who paid for the ins. and who did not. That way the folks that really do not want it will not be paying extra to cover those that do.....

Catch Yall Later,

Don
Old 09-17-2005, 10:03 AM   #12

Hi, Ya'll!

I "believe" that Derek was looking into this matter as well. He first brought it up a while back when inquiring about refunds in the event of an emergency.

Mary, I think you and the Fireman would make a great team doing the research. I share your concern, and believe that some type of insurance for unexpected emergencies, would be ideal!

Go for it! I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Cookestwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #13

Thanks for the votes of support for my suggestion that we help sort out the possibilities. I hope Derek would like to work with me as much on this as I would like to work with him to make it happen for all of us. If so, Derek, let's start working by email so we don't bother everyone as we sort out the possibilities. At the same time, I'm sure we're open to additional leads and ideas. My info in the Florida Boomers directory is accurate. Looking forward to hearing from you...Mary (Larry is a bit out of it from his pain and nausea meds, so I don't think he knows what I've been suggesting yet.)

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #14

Mary you should already have gotten mail to your private mail address.
Derek