Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Exclamation Help Wanted - Volunteers !!!

Attentional all attendees!

It has come to my attention that several of you want to volunteer to help with the rally. Well, I have just the job for many of you and many hands are needed to make this job happen quickly before 6pm and dinner.

On Sunday afternoon beginning at approximately 1:00pm we will take possession of the Recreation Hall. The hall seats over a thousand people and just that many chairs are currently set up in rows.

We need to move several hundreds of those chairs and put out the tables. Many of us working together will make this job go by quickly. As soon as the tables are up, table cloths and perhaps center pieces are going to be setup. We are going put up just about 50 tables and ~350 chairs. We will have to move up to 500 chairs.

While we're setting up the rec hall, our registration table will be open and we are going to begin registering attendees at 2:00pm. During the check-in process, we are going to verify the records, make sure everyone gets their credentials, tickets and souvenir "Goody Bag."

While this is happening, the "Vendors" will be moving in and setting up their displays along the far outside wall to the (left entering) so we have to get those folks setup as well.

At some point that afternoon, the caterer is going to be coming in to setup for dinner! he is going to need perhaps as many as 6 tables but we'll make that happen when they get here.

Frank Irby is going to be in charge of the setup and he sure can use your help. If you come to register at 2:00pm please consider staying to help with the tables and chairs. Just look for Frank and ask him what you can do to help. (He should have a black Vietnam Veteran's hat on)

We've done tables and chairs before and with a lot of help it has only taken a couple of hours to finish up the whole job.

PLEASE! Folks, we need your to help with the setup so we can begin the rally on time at 6:00pm. There will only be some 320 of you attending but I don't expect that everyone will help for many reasons. Just about 30 to 50 of you would be nice. We have our own stuff to setup, the vendors need to be setup the caterer needs to get setup and begin serving at 6:00pm.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2014, 06:58 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Help--

Hey Mike--

Cindy and I will be there a day early (H-34 for Saturday, and then H-27 for the week long rally). We'll help--

Cheers from the other "Carolina", see ya soon-
Old 08-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike;

Bev and I will be coming in on Saturday afternoon as well. We will help as best we can. Age is taking its toll on us but we try to stay as active as our joints allow us to do.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post
Hey Mike--

Cindy and I will be there a day early (H-34 for Saturday, and then H-27 for the week long rally). We'll help---
Hi Max! Thank you for the offer to help setup the rec hall. You probably remember how it went from the last time we had to move all that stuff around!

We need folks to keep dropping gentle reminders to get involved and help the setup team get our hall setup for the week. (Actually before 6pm is what's gotta get done)

Not only have you spent your time making and donating "Max" striker bolts and the installation to rally members but you can also lend a hand when one is needed.

You're the man!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #5

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Hi DriVer: We had signed up to help earlier but after seeing this post we called today and got another site for Saturday night. We will be in I22 for Saturday and move to I61 on Sunday. If you need us before we find you or Frank, just call us. George 843-601-8945 and Kathryn 843-601-2947
HC-1 phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Mike;

Bev and I will be coming in on Saturday afternoon as well. We will help as best we can. Age is taking its toll on us but we try to stay as active as our joints allow us to do.
Thanks Don!
Old 08-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC-1 phil View Post
Hi DriVer: We had signed up to help earlier but after seeing this post we called today and got another site for Saturday night. We will be in I22 for Saturday and move to I61 on Sunday. If you need us before we find you or Frank, just call us. George 843-601-8945 and Kathryn 843-601-2947
Yep we need U! Just show up at 1:00pm.

We hope to have moved already on Sunday morning as soon as our site is available. If you got a site where you didn't have to move, you're lucky!

My move is going to be one site closer to the beach on Sunday so I don't really have to put all my hoses away, I can just drag all that stuff over to the new site.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hubrich View Post
Cheers from the other "Carolina", see ya soon-
Roger that! 13:00Hrs.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Mike & Frank,
Debbie and I arrive Friday afternoon and we would be happy to help with the set up on Sunday.
Count us in.

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:10 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Outstanding.

Thank you!

Sent from my iP5S using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-30-2014, 06:42 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
On behalf of Frank, thank you. We will be arriving Friday 9/12 and will be in HH-39. Looking forward to meeting you folks.
Brenda
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds good........I see we will be neighbors. Were in HH38.
Safe travels and will see you in a couple weeks.

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote