Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #1

Due to recent medical problems I find that we can not make the National Rally this year. If anyone that had not registered but would still like a full hookup site please contact me...Full hookup, water, electric, sewer. This is NOT one of the new smaller sites that have been added to the parking lot. This is one of the origional larger sites. No tours ( cancelled anyway- not enough interest). Willing to hear all reasonable offers. Great 40' site, central location, hate to see site go unused, and it will if no one picks it up. It's a shame that the organizers don't have any forsight for medical emergencies. I would understand not being able to receive any refund if just changing mind about going but doctors have told me no traveling after having another stroke last week. I guess even doctors documentation is not good enough. Will never register for this rally again until things change for those that may have a similar medical emergency come up. My site number is #10.
Derek
derek@tw-transport.com
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #2

Due to recent medical problems I find that we can not make the National Rally this year. If anyone that had not registered but would still like a full hookup site please contact me...Full hookup, water, electric, sewer. This is NOT one of the new smaller sites that have been added to the parking lot. This is one of the origional larger sites. No tours ( cancelled anyway- not enough interest). Willing to hear all reasonable offers. Great 40' site, central location, hate to see site go unused, and it will if no one picks it up. It's a shame that the organizers don't have any forsight for medical emergencies. I would understand not being able to receive any refund if just changing mind about going but doctors have told me no traveling after having another stroke last week. I guess even doctors documentation is not good enough. Will never register for this rally again until things change for those that may have a similar medical emergency come up. My site number is #10.
Derek
derek@tw-transport.com
Old 06-11-2005, 06:11 AM   #3

Just rying to keep this towards the top.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:10 AM   #4

ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP OUT OUR RV BOOMER BUDDY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

DUE TO HIS STROKE THAT HE HAD SEVERAL MONTHS AGO AND THEN ANOTHER ONE LAST WEEK--HE IS UNABLE TO TRAVEL. SINCE HE IS UNABLE TO GET ANY REFUND--IF SOMEONE IS INTERESTED IN GOING TO NATIONAL--I AM SURE HE WOULD APPRECIATE BEING ABLE TO GET HIS MONEY BACK. I AM SURE IF YOU WERE IN THE SAME SITUATION--YOU WOULD WANT SOME HELP ALSO. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!

ROBIN
MRS FLORIDABOOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #5

Derek
derek@tw-transport.com
Old 06-11-2005, 11:40 AM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Derek,

I am truly sorry for your circumstances. It is unfortunate that a refund is not possible at this late date, but this is not unlike any other large rally or conference. We do have deadlines for providing headcounts as well as other guidelines we must follow. We do provide an "out" for anyone unable to attend by allowing them to transfer their registration to anyone.

We stated the Rally deposit and fee guidelines early on in the process and were very up front about deadlines regarding refunds. I do not know what else we could do and still be able to provide a quality event including such items as catered dinners and entertainment without have some deadline restrictions. This is not about depriving you of your due, but it is about complying with agreements and contracts.

I hope you find someone who will take your place. I am working on a couple of possibilities and will let you know if I come up with anything. You are not the only one in this situation...there are others.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery,
RKamperRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #7

Rick,
As I have stated in my post that I knew when I registered that there was not a refund possable due to people changing there minds ect. I did not realize that medical emergency's where also included ( but I do now). Yes a lot of gatherings do have a non-refund policy with the exception of MEDICAL EMERGENCIES. I guess I should have had my stroke a couple of months ago and then we probrably would not be having this conversation. But as I stated to you in mail I am doing all I can to try to find someone to take my place, needing a full hookup site in the non-parking lot area ( verified by campground this am). Seems like those in parking lot will be on hot asphalt. Glad I didn't have one of those as it may be even harder to find someone to take my place. Someone may want a good site that origionally didn't or couldn't go earlier. Also after receiving e-mails from members they apparently agree, that there should be some sort of system for medical emergencys. Again, I will not register for another National Rally until the leadership sets up guidelines for such emergencys. This is MY OPINION.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #8

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Please don't get so upset over this that you have another stroke-its not worth it! We just found out last week our oldest daughter is scheduled for surgery the day before we are to leave for the rally.Its routine,but you never know what could happen.With her its "Murphys Law" if anything can go wrong it will! If we have to cancel we will,we'll be out the money(taking two tours!) miss everyone,but somethings just can't be helped. I think the rules and regulations are very plain and clear. Hope you calm down and take care of yourself!
Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #9

MINDCANDIES==ANY LUCK ON GETTING SOMEONE TO TAKE OVER YOUR SITE? SORRY TO SEE YOU HAVE TO GO THRU THIS. MAYBE THE CAMPGROUND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BUYING IT BACK FROM YOU AS THEY MIGHT BE ABLE TO RENT IT OUT FOR MORE THAN WHAT IRV2 IS PAYING FOR THE SITES. ALSO, ARE THERE ANY OTHER RV WEB SITES THAT YOU CAN PUT A POST ADVERTISING IT.

ROBIN
MRS FLORIDABOOMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:49 AM   #10

MRS FLORIDABOOMER,
I had not considered either suggestion but will follow up on calling the campground in the morning to see if they would be interested in buying the site back. I realize it would be at a reduced amount but at this point anything is better then nothing. I will also post a ad on other RV sites ( RV.NET, rvusa.com, rvweb.net ) and see what response I get from those. I will post if anything develops as Rick has stated others are in the same situation.
See You Around The Campfire,
Derek
Old 06-12-2005, 08:01 AM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Please...please...please...

Any resale of Rally registration MUST be handled through me. The campground is not involved other than we are renting their sites. Campsite fees are only a portion of the rally fee with the remainder going toward meals and entertainment. While I do not need to approve a transfer of registration, I do need to be involved as we are handling all campsite registration, head count, etc. The campground is unable to help you with this and will refer you to me if you call them. Thank you for your consideration and cooperation.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:46 AM   #12

Rick,
After discussing my situation with the campground office this morning they have informed me that they can not re-purchase my site from me without going thru you first. They also have stated that the sites have not been paid for yet by IRV2, so there is a possability that the site monies could be reimbursed ( not the food, entertainment ect fees). There just has been a deposit on the sites to hold them. If this is true, I would like to know why a refund of site fees is not possable? There story is that sites would be paid as participants arrive.
Derek
Old 06-13-2005, 02:58 PM   #13

The Rally site that I had listed is no longer available. RKamperRV(Rick) and I have come to a agreeable compromise that we feel is fair. I would like to thank Rick for his hard work in this matter.
The '06 committee may want to see if some sort of inexpensive optional vacation type insurance is available. I have seen these offered for cruises ect for $30.00 for a $350.00 cruise. Something to think about. Make it optional.
Again, thank you Rick,
Derek
Old 06-13-2005, 04:18 PM   #14

Mid Atlantic Campers
We will keep the site available until the start of the Rally. If someone decides they want to come please let me know.