Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #1

Looking at the posted rally intinery I see that the rummage sale didn't make the cut. Any chance we could still squeeze in a rummage sale at the rally? Someone suggested a 2-hour block of time that everybody sets their stuff out in front of their sites. Then we have the opportunity to visit everybody's sites, get a chance to meet everybody and maybe come home with a new "treasure". It should not take any administration preparation other than to announce a time, preferably early in the rally like maybe Monday 7PM - 9PM. Obviously this is
just one suggestion and if the majority are not interested I'm sure we'll still have a good time
What do ya think??
Ken

Wilson(Maltese)
calliopeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #2

Looking at the posted rally intinery I see that the rummage sale didn't make the cut. Any chance we could still squeeze in a rummage sale at the rally? Someone suggested a 2-hour block of time that everybody sets their stuff out in front of their sites. Then we have the opportunity to visit everybody's sites, get a chance to meet everybody and maybe come home with a new "treasure". It should not take any administration preparation other than to announce a time, preferably early in the rally like maybe Monday 7PM - 9PM. Obviously this is
just one suggestion and if the majority are not interested I'm sure we'll still have a good time
What do ya think??
Ken

Wilson(Maltese)
Old 06-19-2006, 03:15 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I think it is a good idea and just need to get Don to get it on the sked. We'll just keep harping on him till he gets it on the list.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:01 AM   #4

Here is that chance to pick up the door prize and meet everyone too. Make sure the sale is before the raffel, wait if everyone is selling their stuff, who is going to walk around and meet the people

David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:59 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toterman (David):
Here is that chance to pick up the door prize and meet everyone too. Make sure the sale is before the raffel
David </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I miss something or forget something? Are we suppose to have a gift for a raffel?
Mike
Old 06-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #6

I thought something was mentioned a ways back about everyone bringing a gift, something out of the fiver or what ever for the raffle, I stand corrected if I missunderstood.

David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Maybe Don can clarify. I thought the raffle was for new items from sponsors. The tag/rummage sale was for gently used/no longer needed items & a different subject. I do have some 5-r items to sell, now that we've got a motorhome, I was planning on bringing if there is going to be a tag sale.
L-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:33 AM   #8

Well my stance from the get go is: Go for it!

If someone wants to step up and handle this I am all for it.

I got a FULL plate as it is, so yall decide and I will see where we can squeeze it into the schedule.

The raffles that are being done that Jim (Kablewizard) is doing is for stuff that was donated and the like.

If yall want to do some kind of "Rummage Raffle" I am fine with that. But one of yall will need to come up with a system to do it.

Again, Jim is gonna be up to his eyeballs with the regular raffle and looking for help as well. But one of yall might check with him and see, he might be able to combine the two somehow.......

Just think, less than a month away! YIPPEEEEEE!!!

Richard and I have been working on this since Jan. of LAST year. It is FINALLY about to be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:49 AM   #9

Ok, since it was my idea I'll carry the ball. The rummage sale will be on Monday, July 17, 7PM - 9PM (1900 - 2100). Each participant is requested to simply place their junk...ahhh valuables for sale in front of their site. There is no limit to quantity or type. If you wish to sell your RV or your underwear, simply make it known in front of your RV at that time. Each participant will have to determine how they can best handle the duties to allow selling and browsing in that same time frame. There, thats done. If there is anything that I missed, or anybody has any suggestions on any part of this please let me know ASAP
Ken

Wilson(Maltese)
Old 06-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
We'll get Driver to add this to the post on the iternary that he has posted. That's probably a good time of day to have it cause it will be getting cooler by then and people are probably back from whatever running around they were doing.
Mike
Old 06-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #11

I think ya will need to go with another time. The tour bus company told me we need to leave around 1600 hrs to be at Cades Cove for the 1800 hrs tour. The tour takes about an hour or so.... Then the ride back to the campground on the tour bus.

I should have updated the schedule already. But some "Goofball" seemed to have overlooked that. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooops!!!!!

Thursday between the morning and evening stuff might work better.........
Old 06-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Oops, I missed the Cades Cove thing. I was thinking that was Tues.
Thursday morning would be better.
Mike
Old 06-19-2006, 04:45 PM   #13

I would still like to see it on Monday so we can use it as kind of a "mixer"...get to know other people type thing. Don't really want to wait till its almost over to do that. As far as I know Monday is still open 1000-1600 so how about 1230 - 1430 on Monday?
Ken

Wilson(Maltese)
Old 06-20-2006, 12:39 AM   #14

Okey Dokey Ken, what do yall think it should be named???? Rummage sale/Meet and greet or what???

Yall decide and I'll add it to the schedule!