Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Seminar/Meeting Topics for 2013 National

Danielle and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at the 2012 National in Sevierville and we hope to attend more rallies in the future.

As attendance at the National grows I think it's logical the variety of meetings and seminars will grow too. There is such a breadth of experience in our membership I think we should consider supplementing the traditional vendor seminars with meeting/discussions/seminars originating with our members.

Based on conversations with other members, some of the subjects that come to mind are listed below (in no particlular order). Please add your comments and topics that you'd like to see discussed at the 2013 rally or at some point in the future. Think of this as a wish list. Add your thoughts so the Wagonmaster can see what's pertinent to the membership. In addition, please add vendor seminars you'd like to see discussed.

1) Nutrition - understanding product ingredient labels, fresh vs. processed, interactions/relationships between diet and medications, etc.

2) Volunteering (particularly volunteering on the road) - this subject encompasses a wide range of topics including disaster relief, ongoing projects such as Habitat for Humanity, working with schools, and I'm sure the list goes on.

3) Trading your time/talent for a campsite - some would say this is volunteering but I think of it a little differently since this type of arrangement is usually for a significant period of time (say a month or more). Regardless, related topics would include which parks/sites are better than others, things to look out for before signing-up, other?

4) Work-camping (workamping) - how little pay is too little? Are you simply paid to offset the cost of the site or do you actually get paid. What are the pro/con aspects of workamping? Places to avoid?

5) Financial discussion - the 2012 program was well attended and there are plenty more topics to discuss as well as revisting some topics from year to year.

6) Training/presentation skills - how to make a good PowerPoint presentation, public speaking, engaging the audience, staying on track....

7) Craft projects - how do you handle this while on the road? What type of crafts can be done on a limited budget and with limited space? Gifts for friends and family.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:50 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
It was late last night when I made the previous post and I forgot to say.... If you're willing to present a certain topic please make that known. For instance I'm willing to make a presentation on volunteering on disaster relief, Habitat, and school projects such as Junior Achievement. I'm certainly willing to host the financial roundable discussion again.

So.... what's your wish list of topics to cover? And.... who's willing to make a presentation?

I have a certain person in mind for nutrition and another in mind for training/presentation skills but I'm hoping they (or others) will speak up.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
History of Amana Colonies?

Now that a location for the 2013 National has been established an idea for a seminiar came to mind...

How about a local historian providing a presentation regarding the founding of the Amana Colonies. I realize there are probably museums in the area that cover this topic but a slideshow and in-person presentation would be great.

I'm willing to contact the local historical society and see if such a person and presentation exists. I suspect the organization would do this for free or minimal costs. I'll keep you posted.

If you have other seminar ideas please post them here. Hopefully this thread will be useful to the wagonmaster.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
Now that a location for the 2013 National has been established an idea for a seminiar came to mind...

How about a local historian providing a presentation regarding the founding of the Amana Colonies. I realize there are probably museums in the area that cover this topic but a slideshow and in-person presentation would be great.

I'm willing to contact the local historical society and see if such a person and presentation exists. I suspect the organization would do this for free or minimal costs. I'll keep you posted.

If you have other seminar ideas please post them here. Hopefully this thread will be useful to the wagonmaster.
Don't think this one is needed. Read the campground website will provide all the history one could want.

jack r
Old 05-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
Don't think this one is needed. Read the campground website will provide all the history one could want.

jack r
It's true that most anything can be found on the Internet. On the other hand, nothing can beat a local history buff talking about what he or she knows best along with a collection of stories and photos.

The nice thing about a rally is that there will be a variety of activities. Those that don't want to attend a topic like this one will be free to do something else.
Closed Thread

Tags
national