Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I removed seminar suggestions from the Vendor suggestion post that I started the other day.
This new post now is just for SEMINAR SUGGESTIONS
We will have up to 4 seminars, each will be one hour long, during the rally.
I would like ideas on what you would like to see in those seminars. They will all be RV RELATED and conducted by a certified RV tech. Examples would be refrigeration, generator maintenance, charging systems.
In addition to those seminars, we are still looking at seminars for tire care, chassis maintenance, holding tank maintenance.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2006, 05:01 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I removed seminar suggestions from the Vendor suggestion post that I started the other day.
This new post now is just for SEMINAR SUGGESTIONS
We will have up to 4 seminars, each will be one hour long, during the rally.
I would like ideas on what you would like to see in those seminars. They will all be RV RELATED and conducted by a certified RV tech. Examples would be refrigeration, generator maintenance, charging systems.
In addition to those seminars, we are still looking at seminars for tire care, chassis maintenance, holding tank maintenance.
Mike
Old 08-03-2006, 05:40 AM   #3

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In addition to those seminars, we are still looking at seminars for tire care, chassis maintenance, holding tank maintenance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I can tell you a CHASSIS Maintenance seminar won't be a problem ! ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:25 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

RV Insurance tips, tricks and myths?

Is there such thing as "replacement cost" insurance and so forth?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:13 AM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For a holding tank maintenance seminar I suggest contacting Snow Fresh in Bakersfield, NC 888-396-1893.

They put on a nice seminar and have great ideas on this topic. They will of course want to sell their products too.

I use their Snow Fresh treatment and nothing else. Since using it, my tank lights have operated more effectively (Accurate is the wrong word for these lights) and the tanks are cleaner.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:51 AM   #6

Does anyone on here use the Preasure Pro system for checking on your tire preasure while going down the road. This unit has saved my butt a few times. The system is not very expensive and the damage from one blown tire pays for itself. If you are interested these people would probably make for a good seminar. We had one of their reps, Mike McFall at our last year HDT truck rally and did a bang up job on explaining them to us. Just another idea.

David
Toterman (David) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:53 AM   #7

How about a seminar on Solar power for Dummies. As I see it, there are two basic solar power applications for the RV. First, just used for charging batteries, 1-2 panels a couple of batteries and a controller. Second, large solar arrays 3-4 panels, 4-6 batteries, inverter/controller, used to power most, if not all, coach electrical equipment, it could also include basic battery maintenance.

Just my two cents.

Tincup

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I've been on vacation and trying to catch up at work. Will get back to this stuff next week and keep everyone updated on what we hope to offer at the rally.
Mike