Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com International Rally
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2004, 01:35 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I think that area would be great for the National Rally. I made my first visit there this past summer and it was great with so much to do.

I do ask that you check into when school ends in the North East. Many of us have families and school does not end to the third week in June and I am sure we can have more people involved if we can plan it around that.

I have to pull my son out of school for this upcoming rally (2005)and my wife can not attend since she is a teacher. Hopefully we can think of that when arranging dates for the National next year.

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2004, 03:50 AM   #16

That sounds like a winner. I live too far away to be wagonmaster, but I'll be happy to help in any way I can.
Annie K.
Sparky the smiling dog
03 Journey DL 36LD
Doggievet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 04:28 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge sounds good to me as well. One of the most beautiful places I've seen deep in the Heart Of Dixie. Easy to get to, several options for campgrounds, lots of entertainment venues, plenty of options for lunch and dinner, local transportation for a quarter, nice little shops clustered in picturesque settings nestled in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains, it's a page right out or Norman Rockwell.

I still am hoping that we can do a "Rally at the Mouse House" at some point in the future.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:07 AM   #18
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DriVer:
I still am hoping that we can do a "Rally at the Mouse House" at some point in the future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love to see us have a rally at or near Disney too, It'd be my first choice over the other areas that have been suggested. I suggested Pigeon Forge/Sevierville to see if there's any interest; would need a wagonmaster either location.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:17 PM   #19

The Mouse House would be great in the late fall, winter or early spring, but summer in Orlando is not a place I'd like to be. What about a second rally each year?? A winter vacation would be nice.
Annie K.
Sparky the smiling dog
03 Journey DL36LD
Doggievet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 03:21 PM   #20

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Richard,Dollywood sounds like a great idea,and it shouldn't be too hot there in June either. We have only been there once and it wasn't long after they opened,I imagine we will be in for a surprise as I know they have really grown since then. I'm afraid with us near the coast we don't know enough about the area to be a wagon master or helper though.
Dianne
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 05:09 AM   #21

Perhaps if you put together an e-book or downloadable PDF file or even a Webpage (better as it could be updated easily) of "Guidelines for putting on Rallies" and include small Regional Rallies and the larger National Rally How-To's, schedualing, suggested time frames, what to look for in a host campground/area, etc. You may find that you will get more folks willing to take on being Wagonmaster. I'm sure there are a fair amount of folks on the regional level that would like to be wagonmaster for their regional rallies but don't speak up because they are clueless as to where to start. While it's great to say "Who wants to be Wagonmaster next?" it's a little hard to say "ME! ME!" without knowing a little bit about what you are in for. This would be a good thing for those who want to have more regional rallies or would even like to start a new Boomer-type group. You could even get Wagonmaster "teams" if you had How-to's that could be used to divvy responsibilities between 2 or more couples/persons. Include how to deal with the food issue like suggested "Pot Luck" themes and how to set them up, etc. It would also be a help for those who have never been to a rally to know what is expected of them.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 06:18 AM   #22

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorna:
Perhaps if you put together an e-book <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lorna,

Great suggestion, we saw the need for such a manual and the Wagon Master for the 2004 National Rally, Sandy Creekmore "Madame Boomer" put together such a document. I have it on a CD and also a print copy.

I have sent you a copy of our Rally Manual via email as a file attachment; thanks for asking.

I'll be happy to shoot a copy to any member who would like to see it.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:29 PM   #23

Hey Hitchhiker,please shoot me an email
I have a few ideas for "down the road"
Ralph

safecrkr2@aol.com
Old 10-20-2004, 01:51 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I would be interesting in having a copy of that. I just held the Noreaster Rally, but I feel there can always be room for improvement and I would like to see what else I could have done which I did not think of.
lzapka@hvc.rr.com

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #25

I'll be happy to read it, if you shoot me a copy also.

Tom

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0L 4.10
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 02:30 AM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
Hitchhiker and others

Thanks for sending these out to those interested in tips and pointers for local, regional and national rallies. I also have an updated version on CD if you'd like to have that or it can be emailed quite easily. The manual is approx 28 pages in length with lots of great ideas, tips, samples and info for anyone desiring to host a Rally.

This manual is on-going and continues to be updated with "lessons learned"! We all have neat ideas to share as well as experiences of something tried and flopped! Of course, what may work for one rally might not work for another. Each group and rally has it's own individual flavor and flare.

Richard, one of the things discussed at our "Wagonmasters Meeting" on Friday at the 04 National was a forum on IRV2.com for us Rally Organizers to share ideas with one another. I see good things coming out of such a forum: first it a great place for us wagonmasters to communicate with each other and secondly would come more hints and tips that could be added to the official manual.

I told Warpath at that meeting that I would be happy to moderate that forum. Any chance of getting that put on the list of new forums to add to the line-up on irv2?

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:06 AM   #27

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madame Boomer:
Any chance of getting that put on the list of new forums to add to the line-up on irv2? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sandy,

We already have one (viewable by moderators only); you posted in it on July 7.

I'll send you a link via email.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:09 AM   #28

Texas Boomers Club
Richard -

RustyJC just reminded me of that and I knew it as well. I was thinking of an open forum where everyone could participate with their ideas. This would be a great avenue for us to compare and share.

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote