Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #1

Just joined the site today. I am in the process of trading my 1988 fleetwood bounder for a 2007 mirada, 2 slides pretty loaded. I have heard a few good and bad things about the mirada, maybe you can help me sort them out.
1. I heard it was an entry level coach, this i can understand but does this mean its not put together well.

2. The drivetrain is pretty solid, v10,but my concerns are for the coach itself, hate to have it start to fall apart as i go down the road.

3. Someone even told me that the water pressure not on city water was low when on the pump.

4. I plan to pull a trailer with it & am switching the 5000lb hitch to a 10,000lb one, I was also told to add airbags to the back.

Any input on this unit would be appreciated.

gary
GaryGoFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #2

Just joined the site today. I am in the process of trading my 1988 fleetwood bounder for a 2007 mirada, 2 slides pretty loaded. I have heard a few good and bad things about the mirada, maybe you can help me sort them out.
1. I heard it was an entry level coach, this i can understand but does this mean its not put together well.

2. The drivetrain is pretty solid, v10,but my concerns are for the coach itself, hate to have it start to fall apart as i go down the road.

3. Someone even told me that the water pressure not on city water was low when on the pump.

4. I plan to pull a trailer with it & am switching the 5000lb hitch to a 10,000lb one, I was also told to add airbags to the back.

Any input on this unit would be appreciated.

gary
Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #3

Gary...Welcome to a fantastic site. I believe you will find, as I have, the people are very knowledgeable and gracious besides. Re your upcoming purchase....I too own an entry level coach, Georgie Boy Pursuit 36 Ft 2 slides. Have had it for 3 years and put on 31,000 miles. When I researched I descovered the frame, engine V10, trans, were same as the Cruise Master except it didn't have all the goodies i.e. leather seats, corian tops, etc., and I will tell you we love the coach. I would suggest giving the unit a good look over re: roof, tires, water leaks and generally how it was taken care of by prior owner. I will leave it up to those more knowledgable re: towing and specifics about your particular unit. In the meantime welcome, travel safe and enjoy... bill
bill carle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
GaryGoFast, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and look forward to reading of your advenutres and experiences. You will want to be sure that gross combined weight rating of the coach is not exceeded by the weight of the coach loaded and the trailer loaded together. You will also want to be sure the rear axle itself is not overloaded. Be sure to install a brake controller and be safe in all ways on the road. Let us know more info on the trailer.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:59 AM   #5

GaryGoFast, Welcome to the IRV2 website, I don't know much about your coach but the advice RVWizard gave you is sound advice. Ed.S
Old 11-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #6

Having listened to the voices around me, I went back to dealer with a person I feel would be objective in sizing up this Mirada. Well after a couple hrs of inspection, I decided against this coach, we started listing what needed to be looked after and when the list got too long , I said this isnt the one.
On a good note, we spent the rest of the day looking and found myself a 2008 Hurricane 31h that fit my bill to a tee, picking it up this friday & scheduling my feb florida trip asap.
I am good up to a 10300 lb towing load capacity after changing the 5000 to a 10000 hitch.
I have towed my 28 ft enclosed trailer all over the east coast with my 1988 Bounder 460 ford so I would think this would be a major upgrade as far as comfort towing

Thanks for input,

gary
2008 Hurricane 31h
2002 2500HD Duramax
Old 11-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #7

Hi Gary, and welcome to iRV2. The term 'entry level coach' can be a bit mis-leading... Fleetwood's Bounder is considered pretty much entry-level as well, but Bounder has been a leading innovator in rv design and features since it's inception. While no coach is perfect, if you find that the Mirada meets your needs and style and are satisfied with the deal then I would say go for it.
If interested, come visit us in the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We're there just about every evening from about 8:30pm eastern until about 10:00pm. It's a great bunch of folks!

Skip- Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote