Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico View Post
We volunteered last winter at a state park just south of Lake Havasu City along the Colorado River. Beautiful weather and scenery, going back this year! Tons of campgrounds from LHC to Parker, just do a google search or use this link:

Campgrounds, Boat Rentals Lake Havasu and Parker Arizona Watersports
Well that is a helpful site, didn't see that one this year yet.
We stayed at Havasu Falls, really enjoyed it there, and it was affordable.

Now that we are looking for monthly stays, it might help our budget out that way.
Thanks for the site rec. it's in my favs now.
HappyCCRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #16

Triple E Owners Club
For something a bit different; Four times in the last 7 years I spent 4 to 6 weeks total during Feb to April at Death Valley NP (Furnace Creek CG), Mojave NP (Hole in the Wall CG), and Joshua Tree NP (Cotton Wood CG). These are all dry camping but only 5 to 7 dollars a night (with Senior Pass) and some of the most beautiful sights, drives, and hikes around. Also in early spring places like Zion and Bryce Canyons are really great. As you can probably tell I do not go for long stays at resort spots but prefer moving around and seeing the country - to each there own so just an idea.
Rmiscoord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #17

We love Quartzsite, AZ which is 90 miles north of Yuma, lots of snowbirds, lots to see and do with all the flea markets & big tent vendors, January is the busiest. We are in Rainbow Acres, 5 miles south, huge subdivision of RV lots you own, but lots of people rent spaces with full hookups for average $300/month, more fun and friends than you can imagine!!
MT traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #18

First off I have no financial connection to this WEB site but my DW and I use it all the time to investigate places to stay.

We Camp Here | Where happy camping begins.

If you have an iPAD there is an "App" "We Camp Here" that you can download. The nice thing you can search the map, select the little camper icon in the area of interest and it will bring up a discription of the campground. It also has a link to the campground WEB site which provides prices, etc. If you find some that are of interest you can ask specific questions on iRV2.com or do other research, read reviews, etc.

We hope you have a wonderful time in AZ this winter
TheArnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiscoord View Post
For something a bit different; Four times in the last 7 years I spent 4 to 6 weeks total during Feb to April at Death Valley NP (Furnace Creek CG), Mojave NP (Hole in the Wall CG), and Joshua Tree NP (Cotton Wood CG). These are all dry camping but only 5 to 7 dollars a night (with Senior Pass) and some of the most beautiful sights, drives, and hikes around. Also in early spring places like Zion and Bryce Canyons are really great. As you can probably tell I do not go for long stays at resort spots but prefer moving around and seeing the country - to each there own so just an idea.
Thanks, I have this filed under dry camping! Very helpful. Cheers!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT traveler View Post
We love Quartzsite, AZ which is 90 miles north of Yuma, lots of snowbirds, lots to see and do with all the flea markets & big tent vendors, January is the busiest. We are in Rainbow Acres, 5 miles south, huge subdivision of RV lots you own, but lots of people rent spaces with full hookups for average $300/month, more fun and friends than you can imagine!!
We bought our RV in Quartzsite in February this year.
We enjoyed the flea market but it's a short term type entertainment for us.
I am glad to know about Rainbow Acres, will check it out. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArnolds View Post
First off I have no financial connection to this WEB site but my DW and I use it all the time to investigate places to stay.

We Camp Here | Where happy camping begins.

If you have an iPAD there is an "App" "We Camp Here" that you can download. The nice thing you can search the map, select the little camper icon in the area of interest and it will bring up a discription of the campground. It also has a link to the campground WEB site which provides prices, etc. If you find some that are of interest you can ask specific questions on iRV2.com or do other research, read reviews, etc.

We hope you have a wonderful time in AZ this winter
Perfect. No Ipad, but that is cool. Much appreciated. I am very excited to find this website into the favs!