Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #1

Bark, Bark (hello!) from Knoxville, TN! 🤗

Hi there! Iím Irma - an amazing German Shepherd - and my hoomans have finally decided to start looking for their first RV! Yeah! Iím going to do the typing though, so please forgive any typos as I tend to fat-paw every now and then. 🐾 hehehe. From what theyíve said, it sounds like they are interested in Class A gas models to start (maybe a used DP even?) in the Tiffin or Newmar lines. I donít speak a lot of RV terms and from listening to my hoomans, they donít either - we will have lots of questions and I canít wait to let them know what I learn from this forum!! Bark bow-wow (thats ďthank you for your timeĒ in hooman)!!! 😜
IrmaRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2020, 11:20 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrmaRVing View Post
Hi there! Iím Irma - an amazing German Shepherd - and my hoomans have finally decided to start looking for their first RV! Yeah! Iím going to do the typing though, so please forgive any typos as I tend to fat-paw every now and then. 🐾 hehehe. From what theyíve said, it sounds like they are interested in Class A gas models to start (maybe a used DP even?) in the Tiffin or Newmar lines. I donít speak a lot of RV terms and from listening to my hoomans, they donít either - we will have lots of questions and I canít wait to let them know what I learn from this forum!! Bark bow-wow (thats ďthank you for your timeĒ in hooman)!!! 😜
DP's are the best. Enjoy and have fun.
gbbuckelew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:50 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Youíll find what fits your needs soon enough. Let us know if we can help you.

Be sure to check out the iRV2 rally. It will be in your neighborhood, Sevierville TN. Sept 27 - Oct 3.

Come meet everyone.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post

Youíll find what fits your needs soon enough. Let us know if we can help you.

Be sure to check out the iRV2 rally. It will be in your neighborhood, Sevierville TN. Sept 27 - Oct 3.

Come meet everyone.
Wish you well but just a bit of info , I have read a lot about Rv parks restricting large dogs. I admit , I know very little about this but thought it was worth mentioning . Being you are new to this and probably never heard of this sort of thing . You may never ever have a situation where this is a problem but just making you aware.
Darin1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #5

We have traveled with German Shepherd Dogs since 1977 and are very rarely ever confronted with breed restrictions at campgrounds. However, there is a "bad dog list" by some campgrounds insurance companies and GSD's are on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin1960 View Post
Wish you well but just a bit of info , I have read a lot about Rv parks restricting large dogs. I admit , I know very little about this but thought it was worth mentioning . Being you are new to this and probably never heard of this sort of thing . You may never ever have a situation where this is a problem but just making you aware.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Schweikle View Post
We have traveled with German Shepherd Dogs since 1977 and are very rarely ever confronted with breed restrictions at campgrounds. However, there is a "bad dog list" by some campgrounds insurance companies and GSD's are on it.
Thanks for the clarity. Font have dogs but have heard complaints and thought a new comer might need to know.
Darin1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 06:00 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum. Good luck in your search and both Tiffins ( a bit biased here) and Newmars are a good place to look. I too agree on a DP if you can swing it.

You are joining a good of folks here with good info to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add info if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Wow, a Dog than can Type!! You sound talented.
Have Phunn in your New RV!!
Old 02-18-2020, 08:55 AM   #9

Hello from your neighbors just to the north of you. I read your post to my two labradoodle pups since they can't read yet and they said to say "HI....and do you want to play? Balls, freebies and a remote controlled Traxxas Stampede 4x4 monster truck are our favorite toys when we camp. What's yours?"

Don't forget the other manufacturers of motorhomes. There are good and bad units in every manufacturer line, but so far we have had great luck with the two Fleetwood Discovery Diesel motorhomes we have owned.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 12:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Hi there! I’m Irma - an amazing German Shepherd - and my hoomans have finally decided to start looking for their first RV! Yeah! I’m going to do the typing though, so please forgive any typos as I tend to fat-paw every now and then. �� hehehe. From what they’ve said, it sounds like they are interested in Class A gas models to start (maybe a used DP even?) in the Tiffin or Newmar lines. I don’t speak a lot of RV terms and from listening to my hoomans, they don’t either - we will have lots of questions and I can’t wait to let them know what I learn from this forum!! Bark bow-wow (thats “thank you for your time” in hooman)!!! ��
Hi Irma! If you can convince your hoomans, a gas Class A has a doghouse right up front where your hoomans will be. It stays warm because the engine is under it, so the floor right next to it makes for good napping while on the road. The best part is that your hoomans will be sitting right there so you can stick your cold nose on their elbows to get attention any time you want!

One important point though, you can't go into the motorhome's doghouse. It is named that because it can be about the size of a doghouse, but really it is meant to cover the engine. It doesn't even have a door! Sometimes it has cupholders and snacks though. Hoomans use the nickname "doghouse" to describe it. We're a little bit strange like that.

Welcome aboard!
CathedralCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:36 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Irma! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Sounds like you're keeping those hoomans straight!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote