Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #1

Boone NC - heading for Nova Scotia

Hello from Boone NC. My wife and I are happy to travel around in our pet Charlie's 2003 American Coach Eagle. You will see him hanging around the front windshield not missing a thing. We have traveled around the US in this our third unit. Next trip in a month or so to Nova Scotia as well as New England states. Hope to see you on the road.
seawalker57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi, Welcome to This fourm, great people here, I hope you will enjoy your Coach as much as we have. Have a great trip to N.G. Canada. We have only had minor problems with ours nothing I could not fix myself (On the fleetwood side) Hope to meet up with you all somewhere. We are from Westfield NC. (About 2 Hrs. from Boone) We camp at Maybeery Campground in Mount Airy some.
Jim
jimandsandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawalker57 View Post
Hello from Boone NC. My wife and I are happy to travel around in our pet Charlie's 2003 American Coach Eagle. You will see him hanging around the front windshield not missing a thing. We have traveled around the US in this our third unit. Next trip in a month or so to Nova Scotia as well as New England states. Hope to see you on the road.

Hi seawalker, we were on a Good Sam Tour of Nova Scotia July 2010. It was a nice trip. Be sure to go to Prince Edward Island. It is beautiful About $56. bridge toll across the Confederate Bridge. Cabot trail in Nova Scotia is a long hard day. We left our RV at Arm of Gold camp ground 902 736 6516 and took the car. We would do this again. Alexander Graham Bell visitation center at Bedeck NS, Peggys Cove near Halifax, NS, Do not forget Acadia National Park near Bar Harbor, Maine. Timberland Campground at Ellsworth. phone 207 667 3600 Elm River park, Truro, NS 902 662 3162 aa good place to stay, good people. Winston is the owner, him and his soon very good rv tech's. If you have any ideas about taking the ferry from Sidney NS to Newfoundland, you need reservations a couple weeks in advance. Ferry is usually many hours off schedule. Water is always very rough. We did not go, but others have been a little disapointed. Do not forget your pass port, call your credit card people and tell them where you are going. Food and fuel abour 40 % higher. Hope you have a good trip, If you want any more info, call us 812 346 4396 Don & Janetta Robinson, the old trucker.
Old Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi folks! Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the group! That's some beautiful country up there! We usually get up that way every fall. Probably won't be able to make it this year because of medical problems. Good luck & God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi, welcome to the forum.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #6

Thanks for the kind welcome. Will be asking for a lot more info on Nova Scotia. We have toured the New England states a few times and your right Bar Harbor is great. Lobster is even better.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
KAS

Welcome to the forum!
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum and hello to Jim and Sandy! Belinda and I are in Moab!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #9

Carolina Campers
I'm down the road from you in Statesville and my daughter is an App grad so I've made lots of trips to Boone!

rocknrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:08 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawalker57
Welcome
Do you live in Boone when not traveling?
We do not have an RV yet but are checking out places to go on weekends from where we live near Aiken, SC. Boone, Blowing Rock, Little Switzerland are high on our list. We are familiar with Asheville from several car trips.

Any suggestions on campgrounds to stay or avoid? We will probably have a 34' MH and with my inexperience backing up, a bigger space is better!

Jerry
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:09 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have a great time touring. Try to see the fall colors if you can in the White Mtns of NH or New England for that matter. Have a safe and trouble free trip.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Welcome
Do you live in Boone when not traveling?
We do not have an RV yet but are checking out places to go on weekends from where we live near Aiken, SC. Boone, Blowing Rock, Little Switzerland are high on our list. We are familiar with Asheville from several car trips.

Any suggestions on campgrounds to stay or avoid? We will probably have a 34' MH and with my inexperience backing up, a bigger space is better!

Jerry
Jerry,
We do live in the Boone area. I have not been through a lot of campgrounds in our area however Grandfather CG seems to have the largest number of big rigs from my view. I would stay at Price Lake CC on the Blue Ridge Parkway and visit Boone, Blowing Rock, Mast Store (our LL BEAN), Banner Elk, Beach Mountain, and such. Lots of Day trips. Flintlock on 105 outside of Boone is a little tight but has full hookups. be careful entering and leaving (busy road and lots of accidents). Honey Bear for just camping seems to be popular. Lots of campfires and kids. Road from 105 to campground has a couple of hairpin curves just take your time you should have no problems. Have fun and leave lots of bucks in our area.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce C View Post
Have a great time touring. Try to see the fall colors if you can in the White Mtns of NH or New England for that matter. Have a safe and trouble free trip.
Been there and do enjoy the fall colors. Neat view from top but was happy to have the jeep for driving up that road. Should have rode the train.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by seawalker57

Jerry,
We do live in the Boone area. I have not been through a lot of campgrounds in our area however Grandfather CG seems to have the largest number of big rigs from my view. I would stay at Price Lake CC on the Blue Ridge Parkway and visit Boone, Blowing Rock, Mast Store (our LL BEAN), Banner Elk, Beach Mountain, and such. Lots of Day trips. Flintlock on 105 outside of Boone is a little tight but has full hookups. be careful entering and leaving (busy road and lots of accidents). Honey Bear for just camping seems to be popular. Lots of campfires and kids. Road from 105 to campground has a couple of hairpin curves just take your time you should have no problems. Have fun and leave lots of bucks in our area.
Thanks for the suggestions. Well, except for the lots of bucks.

I have been to MAST in Hendersonville and Asheville so know what you mean.

Jerry
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote