Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2014, 06:00 AM   #1

Question Considering the Pleasureway PURSUIT????Help

Hello,

Well, I am easy fonder for the RV salesman...I am a novice but have wanted an RV for a long time. So making the leap,I think!? I have looked at the pleasureways and began with the class B van-MB diesel, but now switching to the Pursuit for a more serious possibility. Since I was sold on the MB diesel, the switch to a Ford E350 is a big thing. The "look" is so different too. I am an artist/designer and I appreciated the subtle graphics on the airstreams and pleasureways. But I wouls till love to remove ALL garish advertising! The main thing is the ENGINE? Shou;ld I pass on this PURSUIT deal and it appears to be a fair deal (2013) and stick to a Diesel. I feel the Ford is economical up front- significant savings vs. MB diesel...but will the value/depreciation of the Pursuit be a concern over the MB chassis/diesel. I am a littlereticent about the move up to a class B+ , but the spacious interior has a hold on me vs. the Bvan. Can Someone out there offer some seasoned advice? Anyone own a Ford /PURSUIT??? love to hear comments..PLease. and Thank you!
loveart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2014, 06:43 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! It's great to have you join the gang!

Sorry I can't advise you on those models. Hope you find the right rig for your needs. Enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:12 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to irv2. Sorry I can't help you either as I have never owned anything but a Class A. Browse the forums that interest you and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome..

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #5

Welcome

I am a very long time RVer, I have owned an RV of one sort or another for > 50yrs, Starting with a popup, TTs class C's Smaller A's then two 40' DPs and in 2010 we wanted to downsize. I wanted a B but after we looked at and drove every major B brand out there and then looked at some B+ units. The B+ seemed to be right sized for us at this phase in our lives. We ended up with the LTV Libero on the Chev 3500 chassis. (The same design as the LTV Serenity on the Sprinter chassis).

Did not look at a Pursuit - it may not have been available in 2010. It does look like a nice unit and Pleasureway RVs are great.

Why did we select the Chev over the Sprinter? The main reason was the ride. The chev has "air ride" (newer Sprinter models may have that now) and with greater weight and lower G of G, the Libero seemed more stable on the road and the ride is the best IMHO. The Sprinter models also had a smaller fresh water tank and smaller generators. With the 2 or 2,5kw gens, they would run the AC and charger at once, but not much else but the Libero on the Chev chassis has a 4Kw.

The Sprinter model was about $15K more with a better MPG (projected ~18mpg) But I can get ~15mpg with the Chev and gasoline is about 10% less expensive per gal so that makes the operating cost delta quite small, and of course the higher initial cost of the sprinter actually makes the overall cost of Sprinter to be higher. Cost was not a factor in my decision.

Hope my comments help.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

How long do you plan on keeping whatever you buy?
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #8

Wow! Thank you...

Hi Libero,
Thank you again! Being a first time RV-er has many concerns. I had looked at B Vans--- and realized they really are great in many ways---so I continue to vascillate. It is for a practical second Home/office for me, as I rent my main home in the season here and and tired of staying with friends! Thought an RV might be purposeful. I have fears---another BIG obligation, storage, depreciating asset--yes price considerations. I should not be looking at new ones. I have to keep all the considerations and benefits in logical sequence---BUT, an RV may NOT be a logical choice,,, Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libero View Post
Welcome

I am a very long time RVer, I have owned an RV of one sort or another for > 50yrs, Starting with a popup, TTs class C's Smaller A's then two 40' DPs and in 2010 we wanted to downsize. I wanted a B but after we looked at and drove every major B brand out there and then looked at some B+ units. The B+ seemed to be right sized for us at this phase in our lives. We ended up with the LTV Libero on the Chev 3500 chassis. (The same design as the LTV Serenity on the Sprinter chassis).

Did not look at a Pursuit - it may not have been available in 2010. It does look like a nice unit and Pleasureway RVs are great.

Why did we select the Chev over the Sprinter? The main reason was the ride. The chev has "air ride" (newer Sprinter models may have that now) and with greater weight and lower G of G, the Libero seemed more stable on the road and the ride is the best IMHO. The Sprinter models also had a smaller fresh water tank and smaller generators. With the 2 or 2,5kw gens, they would run the AC and charger at once, but not much else but the Libero on the Chev chassis has a 4Kw.

The Sprinter model was about $15K more with a better MPG (projected ~18mpg) But I can get ~15mpg with the Chev and gasoline is about 10% less expensive per gal so that makes the operating cost delta quite small, and of course the higher initial cost of the sprinter actually makes the overall cost of Sprinter to be higher. Cost was not a factor in my decision.

Hope my comments help.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #9

Length of time

That is questionable? I am using as a second home and Office. I love the B vans as I could park in my driveway. The B+ ,storage. Maybe 3-4 years. My life is in constant flux and change. I work on projects on site and want to escape in the winter---so I thought an RV would solve some issues of mobility for me. Just can't justify the $cost of ownership as yet. I thought buying a new one might help with my initial fears...but I know it makes better sense to buy a slightly used one that has been broken in---GAS vs. Deisel is a BIG question. The deisel body styles are more aero-ynamic than the box-y FORD. Less GRaphics are a big thing for me too.
Any Help is appreciated!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post

How long do you plan on keeping whatever you buy?
Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 AM   #10

Loveart

I don't think any depreciating asset is a sound economic investment, however you mentioned using it as an office, now this could be a different situation if you can use this as a business writeoff and offset the costs of a home office. Furthermore, buying used makes economic sense to me in any case if $$ is a considerstion.

Smaller RVs seem to retain the value much more than larger units. If you buy something <$50K then there is not much to lose but indeed there are operating costs.

We use our RV 99.9% of the time even when we are visiting relatives or just going somewhere for the day and our little dog has his own environmentally coltrolled digs also. It is so nice to have your own relaxing space, no matter what size it is so you can do your own thing. An RV makes an excellent private office, I often used mine for this function and it works great.

Good luck in whichever way you go but parking at home is a huge advantage and the wider body Bs give you more space. I would not concern myself with the Diesel/Gas issue. I want a gen that operates on the engine supply. (no propane gen for me) and a gen that will enable me to use the microwave, charger and A/C all at the same time. Also I would never buy without a built in macerator that allows one to dump at home without and difficulty. Things to consider.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #11

By "wide body" class Bs I refer to the Roadtrek 210 or the Pleasureway Excel tyoe models,
Old 04-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #12

Depreciating a Home/Office

Thank you! This opinion sincerely helps me move closer to a decision. I am going to look at A USED LEXOR TS now---good price and I think this may be more suited to my comfort level. I do intend to write off my time in it and take full advantage of the shrinking IRS deductions! The van is a greater advantage in that I can "hopefully" park ay my home---we do have an active POA that forbids RV's but this may be touchy. I like LESS graphics--The pleasureway is more subtle, but I would have zero graphics like the airstreams. And I will be experiencing Camoing for the first time too,albeit a little more glamourous thank goodness.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #13

The lexor should work. It is a van.