Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #1

Day 1

Hi everyone... Two retired teachers, tired of mowing our lawn. .We picked up our RV 2013 Winnebago view profile, yesterday, and spent today sitting on the floor of the rv in our driveway with manuals spread out everywhere. We're new to this and even had to call the dealer to ask how to turn the power off!!! What have we done? Lol. Our house is on the market and we are ready to tour in our little unit. Excited and totally overwhelmed. We don't even know what length and width water hose to get, but I'm sure in a few months we'll look back on this and chuckle. I plan to spend lots of time reading threads. Great information here and for a newbie it's a lifesaver. so.......hi!
Dtbriten is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome! Congrats on the new Winnie. Did you not get the walkthru and instructions when you took delivery? Good luck, and be sure to check out the Winnebago Owner's Section of the board.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #3

You are in for adventures galore, and you will meet a lot of adventurous people.
Welcome to the club, and iRV2!!

And BTW, you'll be among elite company if you actually read manuals!!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi, welcome to the forum. Have a great time with your new Winnie.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Seeings as how you are teachers look at it this way.

You are in first grade. Each week in the RV equals a grade. At the end of 12 weeks you will graduate with your RV diploma. Believe me, you will be much wiser.

You will then be eligible for Junior college or a four year degree. However, that will require buying your next RV.

Oh...no one told you you'd be buying another? You'll find very few people on here who have only owned one RV. It's part of the schooling. I'm on #7 I think and it is our last....maybe.

Have fun, it's always an adventure!!!!
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club

Glad your here ask a lot of questions we got answers
Old 09-17-2012, 07:25 AM   #7

My wife and I pull out the manuals when at the end of all other options. I carry three lengths of water hose,my theory of it is close there is less hose laying in the sun to heat up my water. That said I never or very seldom use campground water to cook or make coffee as the taste varies with the amount of chemicals each place uses. The water in the tap is for showers only for me. You will get your own ideas as you go and there will be a time when 20ft of dump hose is not enough. Extension plug in cords will be nesesary. Have fun all part of the fun. Jeffp a long time rv er.
jeffp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW
Howdy and welcome! Congrats on the new Winnie. Did you not get the walkthru and instructions when you took delivery? Good luck, and be sure to check out the Winnebago Owner's Section of the board.
Yes, we did get a walk through....and promptly forgot at least half of it!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi folks! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad to have you with us! You've found the best-of-the-best place to learn about RV'ing! There's lots of nice, friendly folks here eager to share their knowledge and experince with you, and great moderators who keep us straight but are fair and respectful! I would suggest you post your questions over in the appropriate areas of the forum for better responses as not too many folks hang out here. Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to the forum, had the dw with a notebook at our walk through and had the gentle man go over things 2 and 3 times, go camping 2 weeks later and still had to pull out the dw notes. have great time with the new toy and be safe.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Seeings as how you are teachers look at it this way.

You are in first grade. Each week in the RV equals a grade. At the end of 12 weeks you will graduate with your RV diploma. Believe me, you will be much wiser.

You will then be eligible for Junior college or a four year degree. However, that will require buying your next RV.

Oh...no one told you you'd be buying another? You'll find very few people on here who have only owned one RV. It's part of the schooling. I'm on #7 I think and it is our last....maybe.

Have fun, it's always an adventure!!!!
I think this pretty well sums it up. Welcome to the group. I won't say how many RVs I've owned. It gives away my age.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #12

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I've had some misgivings about selling our home and being somewhere where we don't know anyone....but I can see that's a nonissue in the RV community. Thanks so much!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
KIX

Congrats on the new motorhome.
Since you mentioned water hose here's my suggestion. Get two 1/2" x 25' hoses. The coiled ones are really nice. Also get a good Watts water filter and not the cheapie in-line one. And a home type water filter.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtbriten View Post
Yes, we did get a walk through....and promptly forgot at least half of it!!!

Walk thrus are so much information thrown at you in a short time. A good dealership will be happy to go thru some things again. I'm sure you spent an impressive sum of money and they should be willing to talk you thru some of the things you've forgotten. We got to be on first name basis with several people at our dealership. You can get a lot of good answers on this forum, too. Soon you'll be at ease and enjoying your RV. Haapy ans safe travels.
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote