Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #1

Finding my way

Hi Guys,

I live in Palm Desert CA with my wife and 3yo son where we AirBnB our home quite a bit. We have always had interest in RVing but have never taken the leap... it would be something fun for us to do as a family when our place is rented out; being we are in Socal there are so many great weekend trips, though hotels can lack a sense of permanency and homeyness. So I am here to learn about different RVs and things to considered when purchasing and maybe meet some people who would like to do a 'home for RV' swap for about 20-30 days so we can do some traveling and get a real sense of what might be right for us. We have a family business of 10 years and we would work on the road and stop here and there to visit with our many clients around the states.

Currently we like the idea of the luxury type class Bs but that is based on very limited information and perhaps not practical. I like the ideal of fuel economy and the fact that you can get by without a frog(I have been reading ), at least at first glance anyway. I would like to experience what it is like to go larger too, and more budget conscious, to see what we are comfortable with. I am very hands-on and handy so I don't mind a few years on things. The options are overwhelming at this stage really. I hope to narrow things down a bit with the info on this forum and actually try some out. [moderator edit]

Is there a place to find people that want to swap? I could not find a website anywhere.

Thanks again. -A
AngeloC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi folks! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the bunch!

You've definitely come to the right place for a complete education in RV'ing! Hope you enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Best of luck on your search and decision. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2....interesting idea swapping RV for home....might interest folks that full time.....Good luck with your venture....

Safe and Happy Travels.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:12 PM   #6

While they may be some who would swap out, I think it would be difficult to find. As to a class B, if you are going to work out of it , you would be cramped. My opinion. I have a C class and dont think it would be too hard to do. Driving is the same as a van with some considerations(turning) etc. Good luck
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #7

Welcome to the irv2 gang! Glad you're here...you will find the folks here to be very helpful; they have helped us a lot over the past year as we researched our RV purchase. As for finding someone to "swap," I'm too new to say where to post your idea. Hopefully someone who has been here longer or maybe a moderator can offer some advice on which forum(s) might be best suited for you to post info about the swap. Good luck with your research!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here with us. Happy motoring!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Enjoy your time here.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #11

Welcome to the Forum. I am sure there are web sites where you can swap homes/Rv's. Best of luck and maybe someone on this site might be interested. RV'ing is a wonderful life.
myshaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote