Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here with us.

Best of luck on your trip. Keep us posted.

Happy Trails!!!!
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #16

Parks

We are leaving this weekend yes, most parks remain open until about nov 15 it looks like. We have our iPads on the road and plenty of time so the hard part is just waiting to leave now. I've been looking into boondocking a little and kinda want checkout the federal national forests I between stays at actual rv parks. I just joined passport America and that seems to help too. We prob will take the southern route back because of weather, and the fact we haven't been there either lol. I do have a question and will post pics tommoro. It looks like my shore power is a reg 110 plug. I assume I need some sort of adapter. There is a wired dryer looking plug near the generator which was added on later but am not sure what that all does either. I have the 52 page original owners manual but it would nice to have something with a little more depth, such as a shop manual. Anyways thanks everybody and we will keep you posted on our journey!
jcs2373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:34 AM   #17
YC1

Greetings and congrats. Take your time and enjoy the view.

As for that three legged plug. Your 'shoreline cord" may have to be plugged into it when running the generator. Not all RV's have automatic switches. I would be surprised to see a standard 110 volt plug on the shoreline cord unless the previous owner used an adaptor so they could plug in at home. DO NOT make the mistake of thinking this will plug into a Dryer outlet. Dryer outlets are 220 volt and will destroy many things in your RV. Do a search here on 30 and 50 amp shoreline cords and plugs. An inexpensive voltmeter can prevent a lot of misery. A quick check on the pedestal, turn the breakers off, and then plug the rv in to increase safety.

Read the manual, take notes, read the manual again, and then follow it. And of course come right back here for lots of free information.

The Redwoods in Calif in November and December can be perfect weather. When you get close check back for more details on routes and places to visit. We are native northern Kalifornians. Now transplanted to Florida.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote