Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Intruder,

You got a life, it's called RVing, Glamping (glamour camping), and just plain fun. The antifreeze should never be put in your hot water heater. There is a by-pass valve somewhere in your water line to shut off the water heater when winterizing.

The info in our manual says to put 1/4 cup of Clorox into a gallon of water for every 15 gallons of water in the holding tank and run it through all lines including the hot water heater line. Let it sit an hour ( we did two ) and then run it out of the lines by opening all valves including your outside shower. Refill your holding tank (about 20 gallons and go for that drive to Walmart to swish it around) and then rinse all lines again. Do this until you do NOT smell Clorox coming through your lines.

We refilled the holding tank again and went for a drive out in the country with the empty valve open to drain the water out ( only after we were sure all Clorox was out of the system).

Have you heard of "Driveway Camping". Ok, you have a driveway, you have a MH, so camp in your driveway. Why not. Plug it into your house, hook up the hose, play around inside the rig and get the kinks out. If you need a tool it's close in your garage. Need a steak or ketchup it's just inside in the fridge. I know you are smiling right now and realize you are going to do this very soon. GO ahead, it's your driveway and you MH.

Yes, you are in love with a great hobby and you are going to do it! I don't apologize for my wicked sense of humor cause I know you are feeling it right now. Maybe some time when I get to Arizona (SIL lives there) we can meet up and you can tell me about your driveway camping!

Later Dude, Lynne
It's funny that you mentioned "Driveway Camping". I have actually been doing that for a couple of days now. Lol!
It started when I decided to replace both of the old 80's TV in the rig and decided to take a nap when I got tired. It then quickly evolved to the driveway camping.

I got my bleach and water in the tank and all the lines now including the water heater. I'll let it set in for a few hours. I did swis it around by going up and down our 1500 feet (uphill both ways) driveway and hitting the brakes hard to really stir it up.

Thanks for the tip once again! I really do appreciate it.
And yes, that would be awesome if you are ever in the Phoenix area, we'd definitely love to meet up.
THEINTRUDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2016, 07:42 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
THEINTRUDER,

Glad to hear you nap in your rig too. Look at how much you have learned already. Do you feel much more sure of yourself already/

How did the new TV install go? We also replaced ours this year. Old tube TV out, flat screen in. What amazes me is how many channels we get with just the Bat-Wing antenna. 42 at the last CG over the 4th. I may never pay for cable again if this keeps up.

Also put in a new radio with a Bluetooth. Plan to spend most winters in the rig down South somewhere warm so don't want to play with phone while driving. Probably won't answer it anyway. Like the new system better, weather alerts, and nice CD system.

Well, go driveway camping again and enjoy your rig. Won't be long and you will be an old pro. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote