Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #1

Greetings from the Rockies

Hi! My husband joined IRV2 a couple weeks ago, now I've decided to join, too. We're excited. We will soon take possession our new Mirada 29DSF - we wanted a couple of options we couldn't find on the lots in Colorado, especially the dual pane windows, sweer ordered. We also wanted to put those critical first miles on 'er.

We live & work full time up at nearly 8700' in the Rockies, on the western edge of Rocky Mountain National Park so we only use the RV in the summer months for now. Or as a "guest cottage" when needed.

Our nearly 14-year old cat tolerates the travel, but knows we're "at home" wherever we are and our nearly 8-year old Samoyed/Golden Retriever mix just loves to travel. He loves to ride in the car or "ride in the house".

We're itching to hit the road, see the family, see new places & faces. Travel so far has been limited to the western states, but in a few years we're goint to see lots more of the good 'ol USA.
mooseduds is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Glad you signed up. Welcome to the forum. Many happy and safe miles.
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #3

Hi BRosedale and Yorkies, I am trying to find my way around this site, patience needed. I live in Lake Havasu City, AZ and travel with Maggie the australlian sheppard. We pull a 19' travel trailer. Widowed a few years ago I made a decision to keep rving.
desertravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:53 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to iRV2 & enjoy
Camping4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #5

Follow-Up -
We picked up the Mirada a day late - the factory had to rebuild one of the slides to bring it into "square".

We're on the last day of our shake-down/bring-home trip. We've tested nearly everything, I think. Some on purpose and some due to circumstances beyond our control. We've been down a long gravel road - the sign on I-80 said "camping"; the sign at the first crossroads said it was private to the left on the pavement, so it was forward on the gravel based on a crude, hand-painted sign (there was also a large, impatient truck behind us that got angry when it stalled "due to" our hesitation (he passed us as fast as he could - I think he hoped to through rocks). After a few miles we gave up and turned around. We tested for leaks - hard rain the first night, hard prairie winds & rain the third night. We tested Walmart "camping" when we couldn't find the "camping" in Nebraska, miles off I-80. It was good to not be under the trees with that wind - it was rougher than the gravel road. We tested runnin a 50-amp rig on a 30-amp hookup. We "tested" the roof - a hailstorm came across I-80 in western Nebraska . . . We test fit the new tow bar - didn't know there were multiple patterns of 4-pole connector. So we drove the car both ways, all the way, instead of towing after the 500 mile break-in. Good "tests" for the coming vacation. I look forward to actually riding in it instead of watching it go down the road in front of me.

I guess my future posts will be in other message boards on this site ... we're not newbies - this is our 3rd motorhome, had a tent-trailer & truck camper before that) so we're open to questions. But, that doesn't mean we think we know it all, either. We'll have some questions on a lot of things. We live next to Rocky Mountain National Park (WEST side, not the Estes Park side) so we know a little about that, too. Seeya in the forums!
mooseduds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, dog, mirada