Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2022, 07:15 AM   #1

Greetings from Wisconsin

Hello all, excited to join this group. We are David & Lynn, Wisconsinites currently in San Antonio. We will be working our way to SoCal via AZ, NM & NV before returning to the frozen tundra in mid-March. Relatively new to RVing, had a 40' 5th wheel for a year before we traded it in for our motorhome, 2008 40' American Tradition. Go Packers!
WICheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2022, 07:20 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Welcome to the group from Lake Conroe, in Willis, Texas, for now. We will be at Medina Lakes, NW of San Antonio, on January 19th for a few days before we head west to Goodyear, Arizona.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:40 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
David & Lynn;

We are pleased you joined us. It is always a special pleasure to welcome another Wisconsin member. There is a wealth of RV info available to you here just by asking. Browse the forums that interest you and don't be afraid to ask questions as our members like to help when they can.

Post often and share your RV adventures with us. Enjoy the forums.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:57 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome from Monticello MN. Safe travels.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:52 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi David & Lynn! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:09 AM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Welcome to the forums David and Lynn!!!!!!!!!

And, oh yeah, go Pack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:59 PM   #7

Welcome from just down the road in MN. Currently in Texas. Enjoy
Old 01-08-2022, 02:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WICheesehead View Post
Hello all, excited to join this group. We are David & Lynn, Wisconsinites currently in San Antonio. We will be working our way to SoCal via AZ, NM & NV before returning to the frozen tundra in mid-March. Relatively new to RVing, had a 40' 5th wheel for a year before we traded it in for our motorhome, 2008 40' American Tradition. Go Packers!
We're from Waukesha. I retired from the Sheriff's Dept. there 20 years ago. Left immediately upon retirement and was in our new home in South Carolina 3 days later. Never going back. Here, the sun shines all the time. PS Never post your DOB on line.

2000 Monaco Executive. 350 Cummins.
Fast E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 04:10 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of friends here with good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add information if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:48 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Welcome

Welcome.

We are currently living in Texas but formerly lived in Janesville, WI for 15 years. We left three kids in the Mid-West (Sun Prairie, WI, Fort Atkinson, WI and Dubuque, IA). I plan to retire this summer and we are planning a move back to Wisconsin. Not sure where yet but somewhere close to the two Wisconsin kids. Maybe our paths will cross someday.

Again, Welcome.

Doug,
Amarillo, TX
W5WTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:28 AM   #11

Smile Eager New Member

Six months ago, I exchanged a hard-sided pop up for a 17’ Fiberglass tow trailer. The pop up was perfect for long weekend trips but I am planning longer road trips in the new trailer. I consider myself a mix of experienced & newbie. So, I am eager to learn from the group & hope to meet some of you around the campfire.

I’m in Texas & love our state park system. I have traveled in other modes in much of the Southwest. I’m thinking I’ll check out points north & east of Texas. I’ll be looking for recommendations of those state or national parks. I’m already astounded at the need for early reservations. RVing’s time has clearly arrived.

Finally, my camping buddies are my 2 dogs, always a factor in my decisions. Eco therapy does it for me, so let the good times roll.

Endie- retired & loving it
Floppy-age 8
Baylie-age 12
Endie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:50 AM   #12

Hmm. We have lived in Menasha, Neenah, Beloit, Fond du Lac, Antigo, Hortonville, Waukesha, and now Weston (east of Wausau) and have camped or traveled all over Wisconsin and never saw any "frozen tundra", a term that was foisted on unsuspecting football fans by Chris Vermin.

Vermin's description of the Packer Stadium turf was like all his other exaggerations. The playing field is heated by pipes under the sod and is not allowed to freeze.
Please STOP perpetuating an idiot announcer's ignorance on people that don't know better.
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote