Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #1

Happy to be here!

Found a reference to these forums at another site and am glad to have found it! My husband and I are in our 8th year of full-timing and though we feel like old-timers when we see others struggling to park, figure out their propane tank readings, or otherwise battling the RV learning curve, we know we still have a lot to learn ourselves.

I'm a novelist and looking forward to connecting with other writers -- and I play at being a photographer, so I'm hoping to pick up some hints and tricks on that as well.
ellenbehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2016, 11:29 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
happy to be here too

wow!
With 8 yrs on the road, I sure could learn a lot from you! I haven't started rv lining yet, I still have a few years til I retire, but I found my rv, and it is getting some work done on it. When I get it, I will start taking short trips to get to know the unit and how to maintain the rig.
I have written a couple of short stories, mainly for my grandkids, but would really like to publish some childrens stories and even illustrate them. I like to draw and use colored pencil. I am not too good with paint.My son is an artist and puts me to shame!
Have you any published works? I would like to read some of your work-I would also love to hear about your travels~
Karen
HappyWander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome aboard! What kind of rig, and what sort of traveling do you do?
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:19 AM   #6

Karen -- Accepted your friend request -- thank you! We're about to head out, so I'll be offline for a few days, but will happily help you any way I can (I've been involved in writing and publishing and editing for many years -- glad my experience can be of help).

And thank you all for your welcome notes! We started with a fifth wheel and are now in a Class C. Everyone said start big because you'll get there anyway, but after we were on the road we discovered we couldn't get a lot of places, so downsized (and now many people are doing that, instead of Going Large).

Is that what others have done?
ellenbehr is offline   Reply With Quote