Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #1

Hi everyone, i found this forum and this site doing searches about motorhomes, as i'm buying one here in Europe.
It looks good atmosphere in here, and i hope to make some friends, to discuss about motorhomes.
Cheers
Eric
Froggy French Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #2

Hi everyone, i found this forum and this site doing searches about motorhomes, as i'm buying one here in Europe.
It looks good atmosphere in here, and i hope to make some friends, to discuss about motorhomes.
Cheers
Eric
Old 02-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Eric:

Welcome to IRV2 . You have found the best site on the web for RVr's, for sure. You will find many helpful folks and lot's of information.

When you get your rig, please put the particular information about it in your signature (via the profiles section).
Old 02-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Eric, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us and we look forward toreading of your adventures and experieicnes in Europe. Good luck and let us know how we might be of help.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:57 AM   #5

Thank you for your welcome, i have bought on ebay an 1993 28 ft Allegro Bay located in Spain, i will go there to finalise the deal and check the véhicule condition as per internet and pictures it's sometime dificult to see. The man on the phone says everything is good working order and being my first RV i don't know what is important to look at first
If you have any tips to give me, things i must look at and so i will really appreciate as i'm really new in that field.
Thank you and all the best to all members here
Eric
Old 02-08-2008, 05:28 AM   #6

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Froggy French Racer, Welcome to iRv2.com
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #7

Its official, Irv2.com is International. Welcome Froggy!

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Froggy French Racer...
Welcome to iRV2!!

Here is a link to a PDI checklist link that may help you figure out what to look for. I hope you see this before you go to Spain to get your "new to you" Allegro!

This happens to be the friendliest and most knowledgable RV forum out there...and I am glad you found us!

I notice you raced motorcycles...May I also suggest you find a post from bsavage. Her husband Tony Down is from England and does Vintage Bikes. Find a post from her and you will find a link to Tony's web page at the bottom.

Again... welcome to iRV2 ...and to your new rig!!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum! The U.S. certainly has many wonderful places to go and see but I do envy you being able to cruise to beautiful French countryside!

Good luck and keep us posted on your adventures.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hi and welcome! I am also very interested to hear of your travels in Europe! The link that Monaco Mama mentioned above is in my signature below... Tony is originally a Brit (holds dual citizenship now), and competed extensively in Trials competitions back in the '70's (Scottish Six Days Trials, etc.). He's got lots of stories about the "old days" as well as our rving, travel and current competitions here.

What kind of racing do you do? You have very good english, I assure you I could not jump on a French forum and write even a sentence in French!

Welcome!

Brenda, of...
Old 02-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Eric,

Welcome again to IRV2!!

Pop over to The Owner's Corner and drop down to Tiffin Motorhomes Owner Forum. NYMoose "Lenny" will add Tiffin Coach Owner's Forum Member under your name.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RickO:
Welcome to the forum! The U.S. certainly has many wonderful places to go and see but I do envy you being able to cruise to beautiful French countryside!

Good luck and keep us posted on your adventures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Brenda and Tony

Thanks for your welcome, I now race classics road racing with 250cc TZ Yamaha, i was 2007 European Champion in Classic Grand Prix UEM Cup, this is now only for fun but back in the old days i was racing world championship 250 and 350cc from 19777 up to 1986. Won few GP's and few rostrums, i was good friend with Barry Sheene; use to race for 5 years in Classics at Daytona, won it in 2001 after crashing in 2000 and spend 4 month in hospital with both legs broken.
this year we will race again in Europe the complete championship that's why i bought this RV to travel with my family on the tracks here.
I go tomorrow to see it and have printed the list that you post on the site i will follow it to see how the RV is.
Tony, i use to meet often Sammy Miller as part of the TT rider association, i was at the TT in 1977 and won the post TT 350 at Mallory park the same year.
Sammy is a good fellow and come sometime at the Classic meetings such as Bikers Classics at SPA in Belgium.

I will be back on the forum as soon as possible,
thanks to all the guys out there for their friendly welcome and advise.

Eric Saul

You can visit my website at: www.icgpracing.com
Old 02-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Eric,

On a older MH one of the most important issues for you to check is for water intrusion. Check the ceiling in all areas, and around every window and vent. The tell tale signs are a light brown discoloration in the affected areas. This kind of damage could indicate dry rot in the walls or roof. Have the owner use EVERY system on the MH, and fill ALL the holding tanks to the MAX and let them sit for 15 - 30 minutes to check for leaks. Don't be distracted by polished paint, or shiney chrome. Make him work for it!!

Sarge
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Good advice from Sarge!

What a great and interesting background, Eric! Tony rode the 1971 and 1975 ISDT for the RAF team in the Isle of Man. We will check out your website as well. Way to go with keeping on riding! As we like to remember, "You don't quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!"

Tony adds: my uncle, Tom Arter, sponsored many road racers during the 50's, 60's & 70's on the famous Arter Matchless and AJS. One of his machines was the first to lap the Island at over 100 mph. Many famous riders rode for my uncle including, Hugh Anderson, Dickie Dale, Gavin Dunlop, Peter Williams, and Mike Duff (now Michelle Duff). Have you checked out the "Brit Bike Forum"?www.britbike.com Tony's handle there is Tony Down.

Good luck with the Motorhome!

Brenda, of...

« Hello | Hello »