Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2018, 10:32 PM   #1

Smile Hello from Loma Rica aka Rattlesnake Capital of California

I am fairly new to the Rv world. I had a 2008 Terry 32’ Double Bunk House sitting in Sacramento as my weekday crash pad and I would spend the weekends at my Loma Rica home.

One fine Friday evening, June 29th, 2018, I arrived home at 9:30 at night, exchanged a few words with my granddaughters, my son came in shortly thereafter, having been out on my 10 acres putting up some geese. Around 10 pm I asked my granddaughters to help me unload my car, I had presents for them.

We opened to hall door to the garage to a giant blazing Polaris utility vehicle. I called my son, (Adult at age 34) and he sprayed water on the ceiling of the garage while I got the girls out the front door and called the fire department.

Yep, we lost everything. We got the dogs out and some small items. Lost my two dear Siamese cats. The kids had an Rv parked by the garage, it survived, but was pretty damaged. My Rv in Sacramento had virtually nothing in it.

We have hunkered down on my property to do the rebuild. Lots of trials and tribulations with getting the power and water running. Temp power pole and a new well head.... We are generator experts now.

The Terry was a great crash pad, but not so great for actually living in with grandkids visiting, and my salvaged stuff from the house. I went over to my favorite RV dealer and there was a used 2019 Rockwood Ultra Lite 29’ Fifth Wheel. The price was right and I love it. I have a comfortable place to hang out. There is room for my granddaughters and I to do crafts and play board games. Tonight I cooked dinner for us all and I was so very happy!

My rebuild will take about a year. And who know? I may never move back into the house. It isn’t like I have anything to put in the rebuilt house.

I am a former Aircraft Maintenance Officer, spent 4 years on active duty, 6 years in the reserves. Then followed my husband around the world. We have 2 boys. We divorced 6 years ago after we bought a catamaran and sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii in what was supposed to be the first leg of our retirement plan of sailing around the world. The best laid plans.....

I have many questions and will be avidly reading the forums for my answers!
WenikiTiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2018, 04:52 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome. That is quite the story and glad everyone is ok. You are joining a good group of folks here with lots of info to share.

Good luck
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

WOW! What an experience! Hope all is downhill from now on!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california