Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #1

Hello from Ohio

Just getting into camping. We have a 1971 covered wagon camper that is what is on the title and on the camper but cant find any info. I hope you guys can help with this.
muddybrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Hello fellow Buckeye & . We're glad to have you here.

If you can post a picture of it here or in the Vintage RV Forum our members might be able to I.D. it & give you more info.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddybrute View Post
Just getting into camping. We have a 1971 covered wagon camper that is what is on the title and on the camper but cant find any info. I hope you guys can help with this.
Welcome to iRV2. I believe you have found the friendliest site on the Internet. We have a great group here who like to help when they can so don't be afraid to ask questions. Post often and share your camping adventures with us.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
hi brute
and WELCOME to the forum

we're peter & larry
from vancouver, bc
Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello muddybrute,
You have me on that one. There's a lot of things in this world that I haven't seen and that's one of them. Hopefully someone here can give you an assist with the info you.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #6

Here is a link to the pics of the camper. Hope someone could give me some answers about it. The only thing I can find is that it was made in Indiana. I can not find any like it. I have been able to find some from the 1930's and 40's. I'm wanting to restore. Would love some pics of others like it. I am wanting to make the bathroom bigger and restore the entire inside and out. Not sure how or where to start. Want to do it all myself. Thinking the first thing is to figure out a layout. Not sure if we need to move bathroom to make it bigger and how hard that would be. Need parts that resemble the age of the camper (1971 21 ft covered wagon camper) for a decent price. Need to put air conditioner in and repaint. Lots of ideas but not sure where and how to start. All advise welcome.
Pictures by 02DAF - Photobucket

Thanks
muddybrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I had a TT unit a while back that I did a rebuild on and inside one of the closets there was a sheet posted that had all the builders information on it. Day and date of manufacture, all the builder installed appliances etc.

Your rebuild looks like a fun re-manufacture project and if you are going to install roof air please make sure it is in a location that will be able to hold the weight of the unit. When I installed the one in our TT I put it where there was a wall corner below which indicated to me the most secure position of support.

Do have fun and keep us posted.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote