Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #1

Hello from southern California

I just joined the forum yesterday and saw a lot of great topics that will help me and my wife down the road. Currently we are both still working, but I plan on retiring from the sheriff's department in about 4-5 years and my wife will retire from our local hospital. We've been RV owners since 2002 and during that time we owned a 31' Layton TT and a 33' Rockwood TT. I was planning to move up to a 5th wheel, but my fellow coworker who retired last year moved up from a 5th wheel to a class-A and sold me on the comparisons. Since then, the wife and I started looking at class-A's. It took us about 3 months, but then on Memorial Day weekend we decided on a 2012 Thor Motor Coach Challenger 37DT. We have been on about 7 trips so far and love it. When we finally retire we will take a one year trip across our great country and decide where we want to plant new roots. I love California for all the places you can travel to, but politics and the cost of living is for the birds. We currently live in Yucca Valley, next to the Joshua Tree National Park, about 25 minutes north of Palm Springs. We have been looking at Idaho, Arizona and possibly the west side of Texas. Not sure about the east coast yet; don't know if I can handle the humidity since I'm so use to dry climate. Oh well, that's a little about us and I will be checking the forum to see what's up.

I do have a question though. As a free subscriber I noticed that we are allowed up to 25 photos in our photo album(s), but there is no link in the CP to upload for an album. Did I miss something? Let me know and thanks,

The Wilsons
opcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #2

OPCOP

Welcome. I was just about to post my welcome thread. Sounds like we have similar backgrounds and not real far from each other. My wife and I live in Murrieta. She's a nurse and I'm retired military (spend a few years as a cop in El Cajon). Looking forward to taking that big trip with my wife as well once she's done in the hospital. You are so correct about the politics and cost of living here. We are looking at the same places to relocate once the kids are out on their own. Loved the hunting and fishing in Idaho. Good luck to you and your wife and enjoy the coach!
N2CMPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #3

Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the group. Good luck on you travel plans when you retire. Good luck as well on where to plant your roots down the road. Have safe trouble free travels.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi folks! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new Class A! I know you will make many wonderful memories in that rig!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #6

Hello fellow SoCal people, and welcome.

We've been there, done that with a 5th wheel and recently moved to a Class A. We do not regret the decision for a minute.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for all the hellos. In the last few days I have even received some PM's from other members. It's nice to see the RV'ing community is so helpful and polite. Not many place left in this world where you get both and all my camping and traveling experiences have been pretty much the same with fellow RV'ers on the road. I think when I finally retire, the RV lifestyle will be right up my alley.
opcop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california