Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #1

Hello from the Alabama Gulf Coast

I came across this nice forum, while researching pro-pride and hensley hitches . We used to own a Dodge roadtrek 190 popular which We sold to move to Alaska . now we are going the ultralite travel trailer route
and are learning before we head out anywhere. I added a 7,000 surge watt propane generator and a aluminum hitch rack and upgraded the two20lb lpg tanks on the front to two 30lb lpg tanks. so now I have two extra tanks for the generator. plus my 20lb lpg gas grill tank if need be.
this makes 100lbs for front tanks when full. plus the two batteries.
and the generator on back is 178 lbs , the rack is 48 lbs and one 20lb lpg tank whatever that weighs ? there is only room for one tank on the rack which is rated for 350lbs.
because I upgraded from a 3,600 watt 4,000 surge to the 7,000 surge watt just in case I need it by staying home during a hurricane power outage and need to run the home fridge and upright freezer. at the same time the T. Trailer is hooked up. Looking
forward to some fall weather !!.
BillK001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
AGP

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to the Forum.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:40 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
BillK001:

A big WELCOME to iRV2. So,....do you still reside in Alaska or is the Alabama Gulf Coast your home??

Steve & Lynette
Old 08-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #4

welcome to the site.have fun doing somefall camping!!!!!
nail40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! It's good to have you join the bunch here! Good luck, have fun, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. I agree about that fall weather. Could also use an afternoon without rain, thunder and lightning.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #7

Welcome. The camping on the Gulf Coast is full of camp sites, state parks, and county camp grounds. We hope to meet up with y'all sometime, in a camping experience. I saw one camper like mine being pulled by by a truck like mine, and we could not say a word. He was going and I was coming. Maybe some time later that will happen. Safe travels
Old 08-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #8

Sounds like you have a Cool setup ! We are getting a hensley arrow cub tuesday
and hensley silver brake controller wish I had done that last month at u-haul instead
of the reliance model and the other hitch and ball. But at least we will be safer down the road.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #9

Yep, We lost our internet all day until the next day during some terrific thunder storms. Our cat from Alaska doesn't know what thunder is and hid away under the bed.