Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #1

Post Hello from the North Georgia Mountains

We own a 2004 Coachman Cross Country. After trying to keep the carpets clean we have decided to replace the carpet with laminate. I found your site by going to bing.com. So far the advise I read has been very helpful.
We own a plumbing company so we only get a little time to Rv so we would like it to be as comfortable as possible. We have a cocker spaniel, Sadie, who loves the RV and knows which set of keys go to it. We could not travel without her, she won't allow it!
We also have a motorcycle and a Tracker that we tow. We are interested in opinions on motorycle lifts, so we can bring both.
I don't know a lot about working on RV's but I do know plumbing, so if I can help anyone in that capacity, let me know.

John & Margie
jpcandmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. We also replaced the carpet in our coach with vinyl Allure flooring (mostly) because we full time with our three dogs and spend a lot of time at the beach and desert. That is just a bad combination for any kind of carpet.

There's a bunch of friendly people here so feel free to throw out any questions you might have and thanks so much for the offer to share you plumbing expertise!

Sorry, I can't help you with the question on a MC lift... after renting an Electroglide on Maui a few years back to drive to Hana I came to the conclusion that my biking days were behind me but I'm sure many others will be able to chime in. You might want to post it more specifically under either the "towing" or "Hobbies/Special Interests" forums.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
HI & A big WELCOME from No.East Tn.
I pulled the carpet from my first mo/ho and replaced it with laminate. I didn't let it acclimate temp. wise and had to re-joint a couple of times,but when finished it was beautiful. I also used the thin pad under the flooring. I can't ride a horse so I know better than to think about a "hog"..
Again welcome and travel safe...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #4

Thanks

Thanks you so much for the warm welcome. The carpet /laminate change is finally going better. We had a little "discussion" last night but came to an agreement about the way to lay the slide.
We live on top of a mountain in North Georgia, last night & the night before we have had a bear breaking the bird feeders and getting the food. Our critter cam is not working, but we are trying to get it going. If possible we will be posting pictures of the laminate & the bear!
Thanks again.

John & Margie
Old 08-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to the site and good luck with your project.

We love it in N. GA. We manage to spend 2 to 4 weeks each year in the Blairsville/Hiawassee area. Will be there the last 2 weeks of October this year. Hopefully we will get to see the leaves changed.
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #6

We are just a little south of that area. Going to Blairsville, one time right after we moved to Georgia, is the reason we bought our first motorhome. We wanted to go get a hotel room and just drive around and look at the sights,we are from Louisiana and there aren't very many mountains there. Anyway, that weekend Young Harris graduated, so there were NO rooms. We ended up in Canton at Shoney's at 3:00AM. That is too scary!
Oh, by the way, our bear is not back, we have 2 VERY fat racoons that are climbing up the shepherd hooks and using their weight to push them over so they can get the seed.
The floor is looking great!
We have been having problems with our front a/c unit, so yesterday I had a mobile repair man out and yep, you guessed it the compressor is gone. He is replacing it either today or tomorrow. I really liked him and trust him. You know when you get that feeling, he knows what he is doing and seems honest. He didn't charge me yesterday and left here not knowing if I would use him to replace the unit or not. His name is Hank Lanier and his company is RVology 706 889-6111. He is located in Ellijay if anyone is ever in North Georgia and needs a repairman.

John & Margie