Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #1

Hello new from Nova Scotia

Just wanted to say hi to all. I'm new to this form i just bought a 2009 2300 sunseeker by forest river and looking foward in getting to know and share info with all of you
67sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! We're really glad you joined the group! Congrats on the new rig! Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Welcome and gongrats on new mh! Heading your way in a couple weeks.

Equinox Toad
stearn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #4

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the open roads and parks !!!
Towboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
Welcome and gongrats on new mh! Heading your way in a couple weeks.
hope you enjoy your stay
67sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi 67sam Congrats on the new RV and Welcome aboard. What part of the Prov. do you call home? We're from Pictou County, been at this with an ex rental Vanguard from Canadream since 2005. The weather is getting a little nicer (cooler) now so the RV will be leaving it's pad after Labour Day weekend. Probably doing Bay of Fundy and South Shore. After that it wil be New Brunswick if all goes well.

Hi Stearn, if there's any info on the Maritimes we can help you with, just say the word.

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Howdy nieghbour, welcome aboard. You've joined a great site.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi, welcome to the forum.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilleyB View Post
Hi 67sam Congrats on the new RV and Welcome aboard. What part of the Prov. do you call home? We're from Pictou County, been at this with an ex rental Vanguard from Canadream since 2005. The weather is getting a little nicer (cooler) now so the RV will be leaving it's pad after Labour Day weekend. Probably doing Bay of Fundy and South Shore. After that it wil be New Brunswick if all goes well.

Hi Stearn, if there's any info on the Maritimes we can help you with, just say the word.

Cheers
Willey

We would like to find a place to stay with the Mh and friends tt somewhere near the start of Cabot trail. Then we could do our siteseeing without moving the rigs for a few days. Was there about ten years ago. Beautiful area!! Sorry don't want to change thread topic.

Equinox Toad
stearn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearn View Post
We would like to find a place to stay with the Mh and friends tt somewhere near the start of Cabot trail. Then we could do our siteseeing without moving the rigs for a few days. Was there about ten years ago. Beautiful area!! Sorry don't want to change thread topic.
Check out this link;
Cape Breton Living - List of Campgrounds on the island
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Hi and welcome to the forum. We toured NS last summer and enjoyed it very much. One CG we liked was in Baddock (a KOA CG). It had a nice restaurant and was near the beginning of the Cabot Trail. When we crossed the border back into the US at Calais (?) Maine we stayed at a CG and met some very nice people from NS. They invited us to share their campfire. We had a great time.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #12

Nice looking rig. We're from PEI. Are you familiar with BoondockersWelcome [http://www.boondockerswelcome.com]? Being from PEI and heading South for the winter, this site is very helpful. And it's free.
Siebrands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Stern, I guess IMDSailor has posted the place I'd stay at. Here's a link to the rest of the privately owned and Govt. ones in NS http://www.campingnovascotia.com/

http://parks.gov.ns.ca/

Cape Breton Highlands National Park of Canada

Kejimkujik National Park of Canada

Keji is on the Southern Mainland NS

Hi Siebrands, that sure is an interesting site. Will have to talk to my wife before joining though. Awhile back when we first started RV'ing, we tied to help a fellow RV'er by allowing overnight parking in front of our Garage. Sure was a disaster as the said person overstayed (about a week) got into a hassle with our neighbor, argued with my wife, was a little light fingered and I had to advise that it was time to hit the road. I doubt the wife will ever forget it. Most likely one in a trillion but dam it we had to be the victims. At least in that site the length of stay and conditions pets etc. are straight foreward, if you don't like them then don't ask. I like it and could go for that. Now comes the difficult part, convincing my wife. I bookmarked the site, thanks for posting it.
We've always used WalMarts on our trips, we find them great for stocking the cupboards and sleeping, walking the dog (our security).
Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote