Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2011, 02:19 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Helloooo from Reno !

Greetings Everyone ! Hope this short note finds this rv community healthy and in good spirits. A little about me:

Born in the Philippines, raised in southern and central NJ, and moved to FL for a years, I've worked as a traveling x-ray/ct tech from 1999 till 2006. On my fourth assignment, I was sent to Anchorage, AK and it was here where I met my current girlfriend, who is also an x-ray/ct tech. From 2001 till 2006, we traveled together, her driving her Honda Odyssey with 2 cats, and me with my BMW. Together, we worked in about a dozen hospitals, and drove across this wonderful country of ours 8 times ! We both can honestly say that we have set foot on ALL 50 states, which was one of my lifetime goals.

When the traveling jobs dried up, we decided to buy a house and live in Reno, NV. Smart move ! We LOVE it here ! Done from living out of suitcases and traveling gigs, we decided to purchase a 18-foot bowrider....then a Harley for me....then a Harley for her....then a small 50cc scooter for just messing around....then finally our new-to-us Fleetwood Flair.

Anyway, not to get anymore winded, just wanted to say "hello", and hope to learn a few things from you friendly folks.

(BTW, we now have three cats, but only our doggies travel with us....)
Peacekeeper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2011, 03:40 AM   #2

Welcome from Truckee! I am sure you will enjoy this forum.

Greg & Lynn (Full-Timing)
2011 Phaeton 42 QBH / Spartan Chassis
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to mariogeneau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper6
Greetings Everyone ! Hope this short note finds this rv community healthy and in good spirits. A little about me:

Born in the Philippines, raised in southern and central NJ, and moved to FL for a years, I've worked as a traveling x-ray/ct tech from 1999 till 2006. On my fourth assignment, I was sent to Anchorage, AK and it was here where I met my current girlfriend, who is also an x-ray/ct tech. From 2001 till 2006, we traveled together, her driving her Honda Odyssey with 2 cats, and me with my BMW. Together, we worked in about a dozen hospitals, and drove across this wonderful country of ours 8 times ! We both can honestly say that we have set foot on ALL 50 states, which was one of my lifetime goals.

When the traveling jobs dried up, we decided to buy a house and live in Reno, NV. Smart move ! We LOVE it here ! Done from living out of suitcases and traveling gigs, we decided to purchase a 18-foot bowrider....then a Harley for me....then a Harley for her....then a small 50cc scooter for just messing around....then finally our new-to-us Fleetwood Flair.

Anyway, not to get anymore winded, just wanted to say "hello", and hope to learn a few things from you friendly folks.

(BTW, we now have three cats, but only our doggies travel with us....)
Have you ever traveled in Canada? And if so, which provinces?
Old 04-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDchief View Post
Welcome from Truckee! I am sure you will enjoy this forum.
Yes, I am so far.

Seems a lot nicer and more civil than some other rv forums I've frequented.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariogeneau View Post
Have you ever traveled in Canada? And if so, which provinces?
Sorry, but no, we have not.

While on assignment in Rochester, NY, we did travel to Toronto to explore though. Nice city.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Peacekeep6, our daughter and son in law live in Reno. We love it out there and have thought about moving there. (We were there 4 times last year). They are both in the medical field and just love it. Maybe one of these our paths will cross, until then enjoy you new coach, have fun and be safe.
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Great great area Reno, Nevada. Our granddaughter was born a preemie and many months at St.Mary's. Family lives on big ranch in Gardnerville and daughter works in Reno.
We absolutely love the area, we live in central Oregon (Bend) but spend about half our time in Nevada.
We actually bought our brand new 2011 motorhome from Sierra RV in Reno!
Lots to do and explore from there. Nevada is extremely interesting we have travled the entire state and always found something of interest.
BarkAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosedale View Post
Peacekeep6, our daughter and son in law live in Reno. We love it out there and have thought about moving there. (We were there 4 times last year). They are both in the medical field and just love it. Maybe one of these our paths will cross, until then enjoy you new coach, have fun and be safe.
Well, prices of houses have really hit rock bottom, so you can get a pretty good deal nowadays.

We really do love it out here. We had considered Portland, OR and Raleigh/Durham, NC, but jobs were really hard to come by. Luckily, there were two openings at the hospital I am in now (my g/f has since left and is working for the rival hospital crosstown), so we decided to give Reno a try.

Haven't regretted the decision.

Pyramid Lake is only 20 minutes from our house, so that is the reason why we bought our boat.

There are TONS of great roads to ride on, so the Harleys were the second and third toys to occupy our garage.

The Flair took a while to obtain, but when fuel prices skyrocketed, there was an abundance of pre-owned rvs to look at. We fell in love with the size of her, and she was in GREAT shape considering she's 16-years old.

Anyway, thanks for the well-wishes, and if you're ever in town with your rig, drop me a line.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkAvenue View Post
Great great area Reno, Nevada. Our granddaughter was born a preemie and many months at St.Mary's. Family lives on big ranch in Gardnerville and daughter works in Reno.
We absolutely love the area, we live in central Oregon (Bend) but spend about half our time in Nevada.
We actually bought our brand new 2011 motorhome from Sierra RV in Reno!
Lots to do and explore from there. Nevada is extremely interesting we have travled the entire state and always found something of interest.
Ah....Saint's. I know that hospital REALLY well.

You live in a great area as well. While it rains much more than Reno, it's a double-edged sword - everything is so green !

I concur with your assessment of NV. There is really nothing like this state in our Union, except AK. From gorgeous Lake Tahoe to the desert of Black Rock, from the lights and glitter of Reno to the small haunted ghost towns, and the many events such as the Street Vibrations Motorcycle Rally, Great Reno Balloon Race, Reno Air Races, it's a place where there's something for everyone.

And skiing? Some of the world's best resorts is within an hour's drive from our house !

I should shut my trap to prevent anymore people flooding in my playground....
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
We are not on the "westside" of the Cascades, we are the "eastside' and in the center of Oregon, the high desert. We are almost identical terrain and weather as Reno and Carson City. We are dry...
Our very first motorhome was a 34 foot Flair we just loved it..took us on many happy miles of travel.
If you are even in Baker, Nevada do yourself a favor and visit Great Basin National Park and do the Leehman Caves. The area is amazing and MtWheeler is an absolute suprise.
Our "kids" ride with a bike club "Too Much Fun Club" out of Gardnerville...and do lots of travel too. Their home overlooks the Sierras and is just down the Mt. from Lake Tahoe.We get to park our motorhome in the driveway so much like a free resort! love it.
That area of Nevada is stunning and so much to do.
One of our favorite "drives" is US 395 south out of Nevada and into California and Bishop,JuneLake, Mono Lake, that area. Grew up tent camping that entire area so much to explore.
BarkAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
BarkAve,

We are indeed planning a trip out there in Great Basin with our rig.

Could you tell me a little bit about it? What campground did you go to and what website do I need to reserve a spot for our MH?