Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #1

Hi All

I'm new to the forum I live in the UK and I hope to buy a A Class when I come to America and tour The US , Canada and maybe Mexico then I will be shipping the rv back to the UK and tour Europe for ever how long it takes me.

I have joined 2 other US forums just after any tips or advice that will help me on my travels as Im new to the rv lifestyle.

Regards Paul
The Limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #2

Hi All

I'm new to the forum I live in the UK and I hope to buy a A Class when I come to America and tour The US , Canada and maybe Mexico then I will be shipping the rv back to the UK and tour Europe for ever how long it takes me.

I have joined 2 other US forums just after any tips or advice that will help me on my travels as Im new to the rv lifestyle.

Regards Paul
Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Read, read, and read some more.
Buy what you want, and can afford.
Enjoy your purchase, and you won't regret.
For the time will come, when you will be back out of debt.

I am new to the rv lifestyle as well. Looks like we will be learning together. If I learn anything absolutely necessary I will definitely let you know.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Paul, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to assisting you and reading of your adventure when you come to our country. You will find we are a frindley group of RVers that like to help where we can; just let us know. Good luck and enjoy the website.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:21 AM   #5

Hi Guys
Thanx for the welcome I hope to have a short list of about 10 a class and a couple of c class as back up the Holiday Rambler Arista 310 Petrol front engine is top of my list so far main reason it has 3 slides and it's only 32 ft as Im a single fulltimer and I will be spending most of my time in Europe don't want / need anything to big .

If anyone has a Arista 310 I would be very interest in what you thought of it

Thanx again for the welcome Paul
Old 06-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #6

Hi Paul and welcome on board.

I too am from the UK and looking into the purchase of a A Class RV. Looking into types and styles to suit our needs when we full time. Happy to share the info I have colated so far - just PM me and I will reply.

In the meantime - happy hunting

Icey
in Blighty
(aka Paul)
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:34 AM   #7

Hi Paul
Im just waiting for the house to sell and thats me away I can't wait.

I looking for a A class under the 7.5 tonne so I don't have to take the hgv test the Arista 310 is ideal it has 3 slides and it is just over the 7.5 but I can get it re-plated when I ship it back to the UK.

Will do Paul and the same goes for me never new there was so many rv are you going to tour the US before you ship it back

Paul
Old 06-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #8

Hi Paul

I shall be spending around 2yrs in USA popping into Canada and Mexico when my tourist visa expires then popping back when I have sorted it again.... from there will ship it across to Europe and drive back through Europe then Northern Europe - all in all intend to be away for around 10yrs.

As for licence - I have had a conversation with some people in the know and ur driving licence just might be all you need to drive the MH - no matter what the weight is... there are different laws in USA and Europe and then there is UK but I have a possible loop hole

Keep in touch
Icey
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
The Limey...
Welcome to iRV2! You will find this forum to be the friendliest of all the RV forums...so you will soon find that this is the forum you spend most of your time!

Again...welcome to iRV2 and Good luck with your new adventure! Please visit and post often!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote