Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #1

Hi again.....

Hi everyone. I was a member here from 2004 - 2007 after purchasing our first RV. At that time we lived in a suburb of Philadelphia, and I will be forever grateful to the IRV2 members who greeted us at our first ralley that first weekend we owned it and showed us how to work that old Class A.

We have since retired to an Island off the coast of Washington State, having sold our elderly Class A in 2007, and are now in the market to acquire a new motorhome, this time for use in the winters when we would like to head south to Palm Desert for a month or two.

Our Homeowners Assn rules prohibit us from parking a motorhome longer than 30 feet here, and we are thinking of buying a Class C this time. I was always nervous in the Class A, thinking my DH was going to hit something on the passenger side, plus I would like to be able to get out the door of the "car" instead of walking to the midsection.

We really lucked out when we purchased our 10 year old (at the time) Class A in 2004 for $13,500. It needed very little work except for new tires, and we never had a single problem with it in the 3 years we owned it. We sold it on EBay for $11,000 and for a while I would hear every now and then from its new owner about how pleased he was with it.

Since neither of us is very mechanically inclined....I wonder if we will have the courage to spend more this time, when a good part of what we learned from other campers and here on IRV2 is just how lucky we were because there are some real lemons out there.

So I need to start learning about what's new and available in 2010, and who the reliable dealers are here in the Pacific Northwest, and how best to find a reliable new motorhome for our travels this coming winter. We did purchase the RV Consumer Group package by JD Gallent, but are finding it a bit hard to use.

I am chemically sensitive, so we cannot buy a new motorhome. We need one that has fully offgassed, has never been sprayed with Febreeze or other chemical "freshener" and never smoked in.

We are open to any and all suggestions and would much appreciate opinions, suggestions, etc. feel free to e-mail me.

Glad to be back.

begete
begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back, begete! There is an active forum here for Class C Motorhomes, so you might find some advice there.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
begete;

Welcome back to iRV2. We are happy you decided to return. Browse the various forums and don't be afraid to ask questions. Good luck with your purchase.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #4

One of the moderators, Laurie, just reminded me who I was when I was here before. I could not remember the name I used or my password so had to reregister.

I was "Bee" and hope some of my old friends here may remember me.
begete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by begete View Post
One of the moderators, Laurie, just reminded me who I was when I was here before. I could not remember the name I used or my password so had to reregister.

I was "Bee" and hope some of my old friends here may remember me.
Depending how long ago you were here, they my be able to open that one up again for you I read where they offered that for other members who did not remember their former user names.

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There ya go. Now you've got your original join date & credit for all your previous posts. Welcome back!

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote