Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 AM   #1

Hi Everyone,
My Name is Karl and I live in Conwway, SC. Just bought a 1997 Jayco and also have a Vintage 1972 Airstream Land Yaght. Really love to camp and my wife has now upgraded from her Idea of camping is a night at the Hilton to a great night in the camper. The airstream has spoiled her and she has not yet seen the 5th wheel!.
Karl
Kebamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2006, 05:21 AM   #2

Hi Everyone,
My Name is Karl and I live in Conwway, SC. Just bought a 1997 Jayco and also have a Vintage 1972 Airstream Land Yaght. Really love to camp and my wife has now upgraded from her Idea of camping is a night at the Hilton to a great night in the camper. The airstream has spoiled her and she has not yet seen the 5th wheel!.
Karl
Old 06-07-2006, 07:40 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Welcome to iRV2 Karl! Glad you found us and look forward to hearing how your wife likes the Jayco.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Karl to irv2
Your 5th will have more room than vintage should make wife feel like shes at the Hilton. You have two forums to start enjoy them all.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:04 AM   #5

Well just picked up the 5th wheel. of course I had to have an open house here at the office!! hehehe they all loved it. I look forward to getting it out on the road. I did have one mod done to it. I replace the 5th wheel with a gooseneck. I just put in a new 30,000 lb B & W gooseneck in the bed of the f250 PS 7.3 so I now can use it for more than just hauling the horse trailer around

Karl
Old 06-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

Karl, WELCOME to iRV2 !!!

One of our site administrators is not far from you,(when he's actually there)as he and his wife live in Conway....

As you already know,this forum is a great place to find out information on not only your fiver and what mods others are doing, but also there's a section at the bottom of the main page where you can get together with other iRV2'ers and swap stories around the campfire...

Again....WELCOME to the forum!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:42 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Karl, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. Congratulations on the Jayco. If you get the opportunity how about posting a pic or two in the photo gallery. Good luck and enjoy!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:47 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Hi Kebamo -

Howdy from the Texas Boomers! We're a long way from Myrtle Beach, but that's okay - we're still glad you found irv2.com and look forward to reading about your adventures!

Hubby and I have had 3 Jayco's in the past - which one is your new one? We had a 36 ft RLS and absolutely loved it! She'll pass up a trip to the Hilton to stay in the 5ver - I PROMISE YOU!

Sandy
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Madame Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:53 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Kebamo.

Another big Texas HOWDY...

The wife will be in love with the new 5er...

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:24 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Another Texas welcome. Glad to have you join us.

You might want to do a search on "gooseneck adapter". These can cause severe damage to the 5th wheel pinbox and/or frame. Since you have already purchased the B&W gooseneck hitch (which we use as well), the preferred solution is to use B&W's companion 5th wheel RV hitch to pull a 5th wheel trailer.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:55 AM   #11

Hi Everyone,
I did post a picture of it in the photo album here on line. The wife loves it! Also I check with Jayco on the adapter and they said that I should not have any problem with it, I have the eagle 323 rk.

Karl
Old 06-08-2006, 06:09 AM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Interesting, since Jayco told me in no uncertain terms that the structural warranty on my 2000 Designer XL 3610RLTS would be null and void if I used one. I can only speculate that the age (and lack of warranty) on your unit may have impacted the response, or that the individual responding hasn't dealt with Jayco frame failures associated with gooseneck adapters (and there have been some).

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #13

Thanks for the lookout Rusty, I will keep my eyen that area regularly to make sure it I see anything going wrong to get it checked out.
I also just posted the airstream for sale on the classifieds area.

Karl