Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #1

We are new to the RV world.

When our family was young we did a lot of camping. We started out tent camping in Indiana. Later we were transfered to Scottsbluff, Nebraska and discovered the Black Hills. Tent camping in the Black Hills and the Rocky Mountains has a very short season, so we soon upgraded to a pop-up so that we could have heat. After being transfered to Jefferson City, Mo. our son was older and we lost interest in camping.

My cardiologist retired me six years ago at the young age of 53. Since then I have talked about getting an RV and spending time on the road, but the DW wasn't sold on the idea. Last summer I finally got her turned around and we purchased a 1993 34ft Airstream Motorhome off of E-Bay. We didn't expect it to be like new, and it wasn't. We have had our share of repairs (roof leaks, windshield leaks, plumbing leaks, tires, etc.) but nothing major, nor anything really unexpected.

We spent a couple of weeks in Arkansas in the fall and then winterized and parked the unit until after Christmas. On Dec. 27th we headed to south Texas. We have now been in this same trailer park for over six weeks and are in no real hurry to leave, but do look forward to spending time on the road rather than setting in one spot. We anticipate heading to Padre Island National Sea Shore in a few weeks and from there will spent the next month bumming around Texas.

We will likely spend six to eight months a year on the road. I am anxious to attend some rallys, but DW isn't as excited about this as I am. Perhaps we will run into some of you on the road.
geodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #2

We are new to the RV world.

When our family was young we did a lot of camping. We started out tent camping in Indiana. Later we were transfered to Scottsbluff, Nebraska and discovered the Black Hills. Tent camping in the Black Hills and the Rocky Mountains has a very short season, so we soon upgraded to a pop-up so that we could have heat. After being transfered to Jefferson City, Mo. our son was older and we lost interest in camping.

My cardiologist retired me six years ago at the young age of 53. Since then I have talked about getting an RV and spending time on the road, but the DW wasn't sold on the idea. Last summer I finally got her turned around and we purchased a 1993 34ft Airstream Motorhome off of E-Bay. We didn't expect it to be like new, and it wasn't. We have had our share of repairs (roof leaks, windshield leaks, plumbing leaks, tires, etc.) but nothing major, nor anything really unexpected.

We spent a couple of weeks in Arkansas in the fall and then winterized and parked the unit until after Christmas. On Dec. 27th we headed to south Texas. We have now been in this same trailer park for over six weeks and are in no real hurry to leave, but do look forward to spending time on the road rather than setting in one spot. We anticipate heading to Padre Island National Sea Shore in a few weeks and from there will spent the next month bumming around Texas.

We will likely spend six to eight months a year on the road. I am anxious to attend some rallys, but DW isn't as excited about this as I am. Perhaps we will run into some of you on the road.
geodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:15 PM   #3

Hello Geodrake and welcome aboard

Great group of folks here. Take some time to get to know the forums and the folks. All KINDS of stuff we've learned from this site.

2007 Fleetwood Southwind 32V w/Ford V10
Bludog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:54 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
geodrake, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy this website and if you can attend any local rallies with our members you will be glad you did. There is also the National Rallie this summer. Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #6

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to a great forum, hope you have many great trips and I too hope we meet along the way.
MtManLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
geodrake...
welcome to iRV2! This is absolutely the best RV forum on the web & I am glad you have found it!
Also...congrats on your Airstream! May I suggest you travel down the forum and first stop in at the Airstream forum? It is just starting up...so it might be a little quiet for a bit.

After a stop there .. I would head down to the South Central Regionwhere you will find the "Boomer clans"! This might be a great way to slowly introduce your wife to "rallies". Madame Boomer is the best and if you let her know about your wife not looking forward to rallies...well, she may come up with ideas...but this would be the group to introduce your wife to first!

Ok.. so much for my mini-novel..all I will say is ...WELCOME !

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 AM   #8

Geodrake,glad you are here. The repairs on the rig will keep you hopping whether its old or new. Keep us poster on your travels,with photos if possible. Good luck and safe travels.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hello | Hello »