Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi from Seattle!

Hi Gang!

Michelle and I are new to MH'ing and loving it. We've travelled with our three children from Seattle down to the border of Mexico and back over Christmas break. Last week we travelled to the unbelievably snowy pacific coast near Ocean Shores. Heaters on full blast! (would rather be in AZ, but will take what I can get.) On an adventure hike from the RV park to the beach we filled our boots with ice cold water - "why's the water gotta be so deep on this trail?!"

I'm learning a lot reading through the forums - great info abounds. While I'm enjoying the tinkering, it turned kind of expensive last week. As I replaced my 4 house batteries with 4 CG2s, I fried my inverter/charger, and backup camera in the process because of miswiring the batteries. Doh! I replaced the Freedom 10 with a Freedom 15 and will work on the backup camera next week. I can absolutely help anyone now with hooking up batteries in series & parallel. School of hard knocks!

The MH is a 1995 Safari Sahara, B5.9 275HP and I discovered the pacbrake is utterly useless as the compressed air hose connector is stripped. And by the dirty and worn looks of it, I'm guessing that pacbrake hasn't worked in quite a while. I'm going to check into purchasing a replacement pacbrake (hopefully PRXB) tomorrow. Might see if I can do the replacement myself. On the other hand, being a software engineer, I need to learn to be less confident and more careful when it comes to electrical/mechanical engineering!

While we've got several trips planned over the summer months when the children are out on vacation, I want to hit the road on the weekends too. We'll see how that goes between baseball/softball and soccer...

I hope to contribute to and share good times with y'all.

cheers,
-charlie
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #2

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Congrats and don't scare yourself into paying money for things you can do! Save that money for gas patience and willingness to try plus this forum will provide many fixes. Now, where are the pictures of that new to you rig?
Safe travels
Ron
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Charlie,
If you and yours are in the area the 12th thru the 15th I would like to invite you to our first meet and greet for the northwest.

Finally have determined when and where Spring Meet and Greet will be.
Dates for Meet & Greet will be 12 - 15 May 2011.
Location will be at the Pioneer Trails Rv Resort,
Anacortes, Wa. Pioneer Trails RV Park

The park has reserved 26 sites for iRV2 members. When you look at their site map Row A and B are reserved for us. Row B is pull thru and Row A is Backin. All site are 50/30 amp, water, and sewer. Each site comes with 79 channel cable TV and Wifi.

Reservations can not be made until the first week of January 2011. When making your reservation tell them you are with the iRV2 group. Telephone number for park is 360-293-5355.

If you plan on attending please email me at jackgibbs@q.com will get more sites if needed. I hope they are.

Park will provide us a meeting room at no cost. If weather is good we can use the cabana. (see site map)

If you have any comments or recommendations PLEASE email those to me also.

Larry and Rita also Frankdamp are working up a list of things to do in the area, if you know of anything please let us know.

Will provide a list of each attendee to everyone, therefore, when you reserve a site again I need the information.

To ensure a name tag is made for you Please provide the following information to me for each person coming with you:

Name: Jack Gibbs
iRV2 user Name:
JackR
CityState your from: Lacey, Wa.

Well that’s it for now. If you need more information let me know. I'm sure we will have Happy hours daily and at least one potluck dinner and maybe a ladies breakfast. (men cook for the ladies)

Do hope to meet a lot of you.

Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote