Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2013, 05:59 AM   #29

Carolina Campers
Hey Neighbor, welcome to a very friendly place! We're from eastern NC. We recommend:
1) RV Shows and/or several RV dealers. There is a big RV show up in Hershey, Pa this fall. Here's the link America's Largest RV Show - Public Info
2) IRV2. There is alot of good advice here and many folks who are eager to share it.
3) Rent a RV first this will help you decide what works best for you
4) rvbookstore.com DVDs. I'm not a big reader so I'd just be wasting $ if I bought How to RV books
5)Enjoy the process

Hope to see you around the campfire!
skstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:10 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspian View Post
Hi,

We are just south of Nashville. So many beautiful places to see in Tennessee before even venturing across the state line, but have big plans once we can figure how an RV!
We're a little southeast of Nashville. Maybe our paths will cross. Our favorite local campgrounds are Seven Points just outside of Nashville and Poole Knobs in LaVergne.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekeepers View Post
The price was incredible and it was exactly what we needed. We drove all the way down there and the thing smelled like a cat litter box. There was no way it could be disinfected. Too bad you can't capture and post smells online. :-)

Should be a nice day for shopping today. And, if you find something you can't resist, there are lots of great places to camp in Tennessee on the weekends.
LOL on the smells. That is something we are worried about on buying online. I'm sure it won't take them too long to experience smells online, although whether that would be a good thing, I'm not sure

Buying something today is what worries me, but you are right, lots of wonderful places locally to explore in more comfort than we've been doing up until now!

The complete idiot's guide has a great line saying don't buy on impulse because you're worried you won't ever find a deal like that again, the rv is NOT Judy Garland's ruby slippers!
Caspian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by skstrickland View Post
Hey Neighbor, welcome to a very friendly place! We're from eastern NC. We recommend:
1) RV Shows and/or several RV dealers. There is a big RV show up in Hershey, Pa this fall. Here's the link America's Largest RV Show - Public Info
4) rvbookstore.com DVDs. I'm not a big reader so I'd just be wasting $ if I bought How to RV books
Thanks so much for the welcome. This is a wonderful, friendly and helpful forum even when I don't even have an RV yet!

I'd really like to go to one of the big rv shows. I think there is a Nashville one coming up early next year.

As for books, my problem is that I am a big reader, but the more I read on RV's the more confused I get!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
We're a little southeast of Nashville. Maybe our paths will cross. Our favorite local campgrounds are Seven Points just outside of Nashville and Poole Knobs in LaVergne.
We just live about a half hour from Long Hunter which I guess is on the other side of Poole Knobs. I'll have to check out that half of the lake.

Our favorite is Defeated Creek. Although we have always tent camped there, most people are in RV's of one kind or another. Love that area and kayaking on the lake.