Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #1

Hi from the UK

Hi from England, I have a Gulfstream 32 ft Cavalier with a 7.4 ltr BBC, it is used mostly for towing my race car around . I am a mechanic by trade and run my own japanese performance garage. I am sure I will pick up many useful tips on this site as I try to improve my RV.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi and welcome!

Talons
Talons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi UK RV and Welcome!!

What part of the UK do you call home?

Would, very much, like to hear about the differences between UK RV'ing and the US/Canada.

Tell us stories and attach pictures...... Love the photo's!!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome aboard....just remember we driver on the "RIGHT" side of the road over here....

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #5

Thanks Guys, I come from the South of England, right on the sea, a place called Brighton and yes we do drive on the wrong side of the road but you soon get used to having the steering wheel on the left!!!!!. We don't see too many American RV's on the road (but a lot at the race meetings) and she gets a lot of attention at gas stations etc, especially with the trailer and race car attached to the back.

A lot of our roads are really too narrow for the big RV's, I think anything over 32/34ft would be a nitemare to drive on our roads due to the overhang, also 32 ft can get on most RV sites, anything much bigger than my Gulfstream will also need a truck driving license to be legal, also our sites do not seem to have anywhere to dump the waste water, they are all geared up for cassete type dumping in a sluice.

I have a lot to do to the RV ready for next year, I need to fit another 3 house batteries to give 5 in total and fit 110 watt solar panel to the roof, our main venue Santa Pod has no electric hook up. I am also toying with the idea of pulling the motor out and fitting a SCAT 8.2 ltr stroker kit with high compression pistons and an RV cam so the RV pulls up hills better when towing, I also need to look at the gearbox as it loses O/D as soon as it kicks down when hot and you then need to turn the engine off and back on to get all 4 gears!!!! The RV runs on Petrol and LPG which seeing as we have to pay around $8-9 a gallon is a big help (its half that).

I will try and get some pics up and a link to a site that we use for stop overs.
Attached Images