Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-27-2016, 08:49 PM   #1

Hi I’m Andrew

Just bought a used 1999 Class A, Fleetwood Bounder 36S as my first motorhome. Got it for a good price and figure it will be a good starter RV because I have a lot to learn and don’t want to make costly new-b mistakes on a new $100k+ motorhome. That’s also why I signed up for this forum… so I can learn what to do and what not to do, where to go and where not to go etc. without making costly mistakes I’ll regret.

About Me: I’m a Land Surveyor working for a midsized civil engineering firm in Sacramento. In 2006, I won the San Francisco 49ers “Tailgater of the Game” competition but did not participate in the “Tailgater of the Year” competition because I had disagreements with some in our group and formed my own group. You must win a “Tailgater of the Game” competition to get into the “Tailgater of the Year” competition” but I let the group we left compete for “Tailgater of the Year” in 2006. In 2007 I won it all; “Tailgater of the Game” and “2007 Tailgater of the Year”. It was awesome but very expensive and very time consuming. It was truly an experience of a lifetime.

I’ve always been a truck & tent camper but I’m getting older and prefer to get away without roughing it so much. Thus, I purchased a used RV. I have much to learn about my new/used RV but I always do my homework, which is why I signed up for this forum. I haven’t taken the RV out for a trip yet because I’ve been stocking it with equipment and supplies and have been consumed by a home remodel project I’m in the middle of but I did make a huge new-b mistake after bringing it home by not turning off the fridge and other battery power sucking items and found the entire coach was powerless and dead 2 weeks later. I’m missing some important literature about the electrical system but got the chassis system recharged so it starts and the onboard generator runs but I have a lot of learning and work to do and hope this is a good place to get links to where the technical stuff can be found.

Thanks,
Andrew
Drewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Best luck and safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Andrew! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club

You may want join a Fleetwood and/or Bounder group.
The best advise I ever got for driving a MH was from the owner of our 1st one. When road testing I was waiting to enter a busy road and he said " your never in a hurry when driving a RV"
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:18 PM   #5

Welcome Andrew. Starting out with an older rig is great for finding out exactly what you do and don't like about the layout and other issues. We started older and then upgraded once we knew we would use it and love it. Are you from Sac in CA? We're south of you in Modesto. Can you recommend any good places to camp around there? Always wanted to venture up that way but not sure areas that would feel safe, etc. Enjoy your travels.
jmzumer is offline   Reply With Quote