Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #1

Hi, Just joined newbie

Good morning. I just stumbled onto this forum while looking at Rv’s. My name is Al, and the wife and I are making our first visit to the RV show in Hershey Pa. this year. We have been boaters for some time now, and decided we wanted to see what the interior of the country looks like. I had the pleasure of driving quickly cross country this past fall, and fell in love with seeing the folks in motor homes just pulled off the side of the road having coffee or lunch looking over the majestic landscape out there. I want my wife to see this also. We were about to buy a 58’ Bertram yacht, but now are looking into the whole RV movement. I have narrowed down my search to the Winnebago Journey, or the Ithaca Meridian right now before the show. I have been hearing about a family owned line the Tiffin. I hope to be in one and on the road soon. I will be reading post on this forum, and would love to hear any input from experienced RV’ers. We are as much a newbie as you can be. Hope to talk to and see you on the road soon. Oh yeah, sorry a little about us. I just retired from the police force, and my wife is about to retire from Verizon. We are planning on just checking out this great country out here. Please if you have any pros or cons on the models I am looking at please voice them to me. Thanks again, Al
Detective is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum. A MH is much like a boat, but not in the water. I'm sure you are mechaniclly inclined so that will help in maintenance and upkeep. If you have questions feel free to act.

Arnold
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Al! Welcome to IRV2! We're really glad you decided to join us! I hope you will find just the right RV for your wants and needs. There's a lot of country out there to see, so you better get started! You've definitely come to the right place for an education in RV'ing. Lots of great folks on here who are willing to share their knowledge and experience with you, and moderators who are always fair and respectful. I would suggest posting your individual questions over in the appropriate areas of the forum for better responses. Not too many folks hang out here. Congrats on the retirement. We did it two years ago and it's great! Good luck, have fun, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
The brands you mentioned are all good ,and all RVs will have there little problems test drive the ones you like get what feels ok to you, as long as your happy thats what matters, try to do some research on different models go to the class A forum, they will help you with some questions there============== Welcome to the forum============
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Al, Bertrams are quite a boat. I envy you. Although my wife prefers the motorhome because she feels better when we are traveling on land. She never got her sea legs. Whatever coach you decide on will give you and great way to see what a beautiful county we live in. The people are great that you meet. Most are enjoying the same lifestyle and are very pleasant and willing to give a hand if needed. Enjoy it and have safe trouble free travels.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Al, welcome to the forum. Great travels to you and the wife.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Howdy and welcome! Congrats on your retirement, and have fun finding that perfect motorhome! There's lots of great info on the forum, and feel free to ask questions in the brand-specific sections to get owner's input.

Tags