Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2019, 06:39 PM   #1

Howdy from Arkansas

My wife and I searched and studied for quite some time, trying to find an RV that would work best for us. We enjoyed the search and learned quite a bit along the way -much of it thanks to the good folks on this forum! In the end we purchased a 2020 Grand Design 320MKS. Our home is in Arkansas and though we've traveled much of the country (mostly birding), it was NOT in an RV. If I never stay another night in a motel the rest of my life, I'll be one happy camper. Anyway, can't wait to hit the road to see new birds, new faces and new places. And many thanks to the posters that are so generous with their time and knowledge on this board and a special thanks to those that monitor and maintain this site.
kingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2019, 08:46 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Welcome to the forum neighbor.
You’ll find a great group of folks here.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:58 PM   #3

CONGRATULATIONS!
Gotta’ tell you I just got a twinge of envy~
I’ve still an 2 yrs. out before I get my Rig.
I’m happy for you and wish you & yours the very best.
Keep us posted on your adventures!
Safe Travels ~
Old 12-13-2019, 04:46 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Welcome to IRV2 Forum,

Tyrannus, I too am a fan and you may know about Monarch & HummingBirds? https://monarchwatch.org/ I'm not so much into Birds as Bugs. But enjoy watching and recording their movements.

In this new forum, your questions about your Recreational Vehicle "RV" will be answered. Take some time to complete your USER CP as this will help members learn more about you to interact online with you. Above you will see two MENU's, on the top is the forum and what is provided for your enjoyment. The Next or second-line MENU is your member's MENU Here you have access to a lot for yourself even a BLOG.

So again welcome as we enjoy your JOINING US and exploring the world through an RV Window or rearview mirror.

Happy Safe Travels to you, Family and or Friends. This group is now even better, that you are here. WELCOME to IRV2 Tell your RV friends to JOIN US.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:01 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the Forum.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:11 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome !
Spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:31 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new rig.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:13 PM   #9

Thanks to ALL for the kind words and warm welcome.

Can't wait to hit the road and see where it takes us....
Old 12-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman635UT View Post
Welcome to IRV2 Forum,

Tyrannus, I too am a fan and you may know about Monarch & HummingBirds? https://monarchwatch.org/ I'm not so much into Birds as Bugs. But enjoy watching and recording their movements.

In this new forum, your questions about your Recreational Vehicle "RV" will be answered. Take some time to complete your USER CP as this will help members learn more about you to interact online with you. Above you will see two MENU's, on the top is the forum and what is provided for your enjoyment. The Next or second-line MENU is your member's MENU Here you have access to a lot for yourself even a BLOG.

So again welcome as we enjoy your JOINING US and exploring the world through an RV Window or rearview mirror.

Happy Safe Travels to you, Family and or Friends. This group is now even better, that you are here. WELCOME to IRV2 Tell your RV friends to JOIN US.

Thanks for the tips, Dogman.

My birding hobby began in my early 20's (30+ years ago) as a way to connect with my grandparents who were world travelers and avid birders. They lived on the other side of the country and my mother had passed when i was very young so our relationship had diminished with time and distance. I knew they were very interested in birds so the wife and I bought some feeders and books and pursued the hobby so that we might have something to talk about and enjoy together. So what began on a whim in the birdseed aisle of walmart resulted in a very close relationship with my grandparents, a real appreciation of the natural world and lifelong interest in birds. And ultimately, it was our interest in birds that has led us to RVing. This book is still being written and we cannot wait to see where the next chapter leads...
Old 12-13-2019, 07:59 PM   #11

Welcome aboard from another Arkie. I live just outside Little Rock but I worked in Russellville one day a week for several years. I like it there and hoped to move there when I retired. I've not given up on that
Old 12-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #12

Welcome to the forum. What's nice is that you won't have to go very far to find really good spots to camp in. Arkansas also has a bunch of great lakes with camping facilities.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:19 PM   #13

Welcome to the forum from central Arkansas, my sister lives at Dardenelle
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:26 PM   #14

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbird View Post
Thanks for the tips, Dogman.

My birding hobby began in my early 20's (30+ years ago) as a way to connect with my grandparents who were world travelers and avid birders. They lived on the other side of the country and my mother had passed when i was very young so our relationship had diminished with time and distance. I knew they were very interested in birds so the wife and I bought some feeders and books and pursued the hobby so that we might have something to talk about and enjoy together. So what began on a whim in the birdseed aisle of walmart resulted in a very close relationship with my grandparents, a real appreciation of the natural world and lifelong interest in birds. And ultimately, it was our interest in birds that has led us to RVing. This book is still being written and we cannot wait to see where the next chapter leads...
Thanks so much for the in-depth look inside a part of your family. To share, I was in my late 20s with my first daughter now 46 with 8-Grandchildren. Back then I worked for the US Government and cross paths with some interesting man and it took me a year of collecting bits to learn they were each Doctors, in the study of an entomologist. Working with them was one interesting story after another. We worked in the desert and there was only one green tree Mr. Hide had planted a tree to attract bugs. Like out of a movie two BLACK vehicles came to the office and some man in suites got out came inside to talk with them and left just as fast as they came in. That is when I learned they were doctors and well respected in their fields of study. So now I ask what do you know about bats, bees, and Butterflies, medflies, the Beatle and more. Funny how a bug can do 100.000-thousands of dollars of damage currently many trees infected. This kind of got me learning about BATS, then others to birds. Hummingbirds as I enjoy the migrations of all flying as high as 10,000-feet. Here in Florida, we have lots of Sandhill Cranes and others. I keep track and have a Monarch Habation site for their migrations from Mexico to Canada some 2500-miles. Has been good stuff for some of our Grandchildren book reports lol. A Hobby for myself in reporting sightings. Hawks, Eagles, and others into a national database. Just something that has been of great interest to me. Knowing I'm doing something bigger than myself. Here is another link, you may both enjoy and Welcome again to IRV2

https://www.wbu.com/
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arkansas