Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #1

Hi:

My name is Liane and I live in the outskirts of Bishop, Ca with my two dogs, four cats and two goats.

I live on my friends ranch and they also have dogs, cats, goats and chickens.

I bought my 40 foot 5th Wheel RV Mallard Prairie Schooner a year and half ago and moved it to the new place I live at.

I am having a great deal of problems keeping my RV warm without draining my friends solar setup and almost at my wits end here.

At the other place I was using mixed with my hookup to my friends electricity which worked great, but solar is a whole other world and very limited.

To help me be independent of them here I am trying to keep warm by boondocking typle of system.

We are presently going to put two Wave heaters into my RV. One in the bedroom for nigh time and one in the living area for the day.

From the little I have read I am beginning to wonder if this is such a good and safe idea considering I have small animals, but I did contact the Camco company and they assured me that it is very safe and warm.

We will see!

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #2

Hi:

My name is Liane and I live in the outskirts of Bishop, Ca with my two dogs, four cats and two goats.

I live on my friends ranch and they also have dogs, cats, goats and chickens.

I bought my 40 foot 5th Wheel RV Mallard Prairie Schooner a year and half ago and moved it to the new place I live at.

I am having a great deal of problems keeping my RV warm without draining my friends solar setup and almost at my wits end here.

At the other place I was using mixed with my hookup to my friends electricity which worked great, but solar is a whole other world and very limited.

To help me be independent of them here I am trying to keep warm by boondocking typle of system.

We are presently going to put two Wave heaters into my RV. One in the bedroom for nigh time and one in the living area for the day.

From the little I have read I am beginning to wonder if this is such a good and safe idea considering I have small animals, but I did contact the Camco company and they assured me that it is very safe and warm.

We will see!

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Liane, welcome to iRV2.

I believe the Wave heaters may be the best choice for boondocking other than the furnace.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Lianne2444...
I would also like to welcome you to iRV2! I am sure yoou will find many of the people here very friendly & helpful. This RV forum has some of the most knowledgable group of RVers on the web.

Good Luck staying warm this winter....

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #5

Liane, Welcome to the iRV2 website, glad you joined our forum, I agree the wave heaters are the better choice for your pets. Ed.S
Old 01-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #6

Hi:

Thanks for the welcome.

I have enjoyed my RV and it is the perfect size for just me. If someone had told me years ago that I would have moved from LA and be living as I am I would have laughed to death. Thank God no one did or I would not be alive to enjoy my life these days.

Thanks for the encouragement about the Wave. I have decided to make the Wave 8 in the living/kitchen area portable and the Wave 3 in the bedroom nailed to the wall for safety reasons with my cats.

The one in the living room will only be used for daytime use and I can keep an eye on it during the day, but at night I want to feel safe for the sake of the animals and myself.

I will check around on the topics here and see what others have done as a set up with the propane tanks. I have one idea and my friends have another one, but mine is cheaper and theirs is more expensive.

That is the next step.

Thanks again for the welcome.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Most folks needing propane for a longer period of time and want the greatest convenience, use Extend-A-Stay to hook up a to much larger external tank, which can be filled by a propane truck.

Even though the picture shows a small external tank, any size tank can be used.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote