Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2012, 08:53 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Tired-old
Just Checking in!

Just getting started in the "on the road" RV life.
Tired-old is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club

Welcome to iRV2! You'll find lots of friendly people, and help, if you should ever need it. Travel safe!
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #3

Well, Mr Tired-Old, tell us what's happening. I wish I could say I'm doing the "on the road" RV life.
Jan's about to be 47 and I am about to be 66. I have done my best to get her to catch up. But, she isn't cooperating. I would like to leave the sticks & bricks soon if Jan would grow up a little. Now I'm stuck waiting on her. I wonder if she could get disability and not have to work since she certainly is disabled from full timing because of her obligation to work. Oh well, maybe you can help me think of something.
I'm excited for you getting started "on the road"
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #4

66 eh!

Shoot, you're just a kid. I'll be 71 in August. Only problem is.. my mind thinks I'm 35 and my body thinks I'm 95.

We just bought a 2001 Fleetwood. I haven't been rv ing since 1969 when we pulled a 19' travel trailer to FL and back. Vowed I'd never do that again as, when my lovely wife said "why don't we look at seeing the country" I told her not pulling a trailer.

One thing lead to another and here we are. I think we'll try Maine in the fall since she is tired of only going to the Disney Vacation Club in Orlando.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagosajoe View Post

Welcome to iRV2! You'll find lots of friendly people, and help, if you should ever need it. Travel safe!
Thanks Joe

After 30 years in the fast lane it's time to slow down.
Are you happy with your Discovery? We looked at a number of used coaches, found this one that was built for and owned by a former VP of Fleetwood and jumped in. We're about 25 minutes from the factory in Decatur so if we need them it'll be easy.

Oh yeah, I'm Indiana State Police retired and my wife is a hard working nurse (she won't quit)
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Tired, welcome to the forum.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired-old View Post
Thanks Joe

After 30 years in the fast lane it's time to slow down.
Are you happy with your Discovery? We looked at a number of used coaches, found this one that was built for and owned by a former VP of Fleetwood and jumped in. We're about 25 minutes from the factory in Decatur so if we need them it'll be easy.

Oh yeah, I'm Indiana State Police retired and my wife is a hard working nurse (she won't quit)
Very happy with our Discovery! As with any new coach, there have been some teething issues, but it's just what we wanted and expected it to be. Nice to be so close to the factory! We have an almost 500 mile round trip to go to the dealer.

Congrats on the retirement from the cop shop! My wife worked for the Alaska State Troopers as their office manager, and they wore black across their badges when she (we) finally left to move to Colorado. We're both retired from a hospital in Alaska as well. Sounds like you need to convince your wife it's time to hang it up!
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to the group! We spend months in our MH but are not full time yet; on the road a lot for DH work. So by time we are in that stage of making the final decision we will be really ready to decide I guess.

Enjoy the time you are traveling will make the change over easier I think.
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #9

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your Fleetwood. Enjoy your "on the road" lifestyle. 67 and still working. We sold our last Class A to a retired New York State Policeman.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote