Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #1

Just joined - Hi from cool florida

Tom and Karen here! We live in west Central Florida. Have a 1999 Jayco Designer Class C and tow our car on a dolly. Looking forward to getting to learn alot from this forum
tomkaren13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome from the southern snow belt, Charlotte NC. You can turn on the heat anytime. My brother & I are heading for south FL this coming Sat for some bicyling, kayaking, & general relaxing in the sun. He lives in the Great White North, Pittsburgh PA.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome Tom and Karen!!

Hope you like it here and post often!

Dsbike~ We have a plant in Mountain Home, NC and they were telling me, this morning, about the snow. You guys have had more snow than I can remember!! Florida is going to seem like the tropics!!

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:28 PM   #4
sip

Winnebago Owners Club
Bring warm clothes, I am in the FL Keys and they say we will go down to the forties tonight. Its been one heck of a year
sip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:29 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sip View Post
Bring warm clothes, I am in the FL Keys and they say we will go down to the forties tonight. Its been one heck of a year
Down to the 40's.......thats a heat wave. I'm packing my shorts & t-shirts. It was 33 when I left for work this morning. We hope to see 42 today. But seriously, it has been a colder than normal winter for us all this year. I have spent several days in West Palm Beach this past month. My wife is working in Boca Raton for the winter. She came home yesterday to 33 and snow. The last 2 times she has come home it has snowed.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sip View Post
We are also in the Keys. The daytime temps are not bad but the wind hasn't let up in a few days. I am too stubborn to wear long pants while I am here

Oh well, it is cloudy with a high of 38 home today.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:38 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Don"t think i've been any colder anywhere than Florida when it's 45*-55* and the north wind blowing straight south. Crazy weather all around these parts also.
Safe Travels...
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #8

newbie here........Hello to all. Looking forward to good conversation and tips to make camping even better. Cold here on the nature coast this morning.
Fl.doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This has been a really COLD winter for us this year. But we are now on an upswing. Hang in there it will be hot. We also, use a Tow Dolly for our car once in awhile.
DutchStar38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #10

where in Central Florida

Dear tom and karen,
Welcome! We must be close; we are in Leesburg! Heat is on the way.
campingcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
welcome doodles, post often and ask lots of questions. remember, there are no stupid questions.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:14 AM   #12

For the welcomes, I'm in Citrus County on the nature coast. I'm currently fixing some wood rot on my 02 Lance 915. Hopefully I will have it done in about a month. It's a job . Have learned a lot on the net, The previous owner did not take care of it, re- caulking is the next step.Another note, it's been dang cold here and I hate it. Will never complain about the heat again.........
Fl.doodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by campingcrazy View Post
Dear tom and karen,
Welcome! We must be close; we are in Leesburg! Heat is on the way.
Campingcrazy, My parents are in Sumterville. Pretty close to youall, I believe. We are in West Palm Beach. It was cold yesterday morning, but warmed up quickly & we had a beautiful day. Went out kayaking. The sun/heat is coming!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
Campingcrazy, My parents are in Sumterville. Pretty close to youall, I believe. We are in West Palm Beach. It was cold yesterday morning, but warmed up quickly & we had a beautiful day. Went out kayaking. The sun/heat is coming!!!
Winter is over. I have spoken.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote