Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #1

Hello, and thank you for allowing non owners to join, it says a lot about Excel's already! We currently are living full time on a sailboat and cruising the Caribbean,....right now in Venezuela where gas is 9 cents a gallon! We will move ashore after 7 years and will continue our travels in a land cruiser....just maybe an Excel. Our questions are many, but we have narrowed things down to a must have list. My Dw is a avid cook and therefore she wants and deserves a galley bigger than what we have now and a whole lot bigger than most coaches (counter space and at least a 10 cu ft. ref.) I need a computer work station/desk that will support at least two tower computers.....I do a lot of software repairs for cruisers. These are non nonnegotiable, an enclosed bath would be nice but its up for grabs. The only thing I see negative so far as in the 2008 line up there are only two floor plans that could work. Is there a repository for past years plans, specs and prices. We would like a left over but might have to resort to used due to finances and timing. Well, this was too long already but thanks for listening.....see you soon I hope
Henry and Beverly
windquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #2

Hello, and thank you for allowing non owners to join, it says a lot about Excel's already! We currently are living full time on a sailboat and cruising the Caribbean,....right now in Venezuela where gas is 9 cents a gallon! We will move ashore after 7 years and will continue our travels in a land cruiser....just maybe an Excel. Our questions are many, but we have narrowed things down to a must have list. My Dw is a avid cook and therefore she wants and deserves a galley bigger than what we have now and a whole lot bigger than most coaches (counter space and at least a 10 cu ft. ref.) I need a computer work station/desk that will support at least two tower computers.....I do a lot of software repairs for cruisers. These are non nonnegotiable, an enclosed bath would be nice but its up for grabs. The only thing I see negative so far as in the 2008 line up there are only two floor plans that could work. Is there a repository for past years plans, specs and prices. We would like a left over but might have to resort to used due to finances and timing. Well, this was too long already but thanks for listening.....see you soon I hope
Henry and Beverly
windquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:11 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
windquest - welcome to iRV2! You will find many folks here willing to give you their opinion on what you may or may not need ...just ask them! :-)

Good luck on your quest of finding the perfect RV for the two of you.

Again-welcome to iRV2...please visit & post often.

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Henry and Beverly, welcoem to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join our forum and we wish you luck in your quest for a land RV. I am not all that up on the Excel line but other sure are. I am putting in a shortcut to the Excel Owners Forum to give your questions more exposure. Good luck and let us know how else we can help.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You will find many folks here willing to give you their opinion on what you may or may not need ...just ask them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whoa, "Mama"'s got the out on us already.
Welcome to the Excel forum. Can't tell you about the 2009 Excels but our 2005 Limited 36CLO has a rear kitchen that is "roughly" one third of the fiver. We have an island in the middle with a, extra folddown countertop and we have a double four door fridge which I think is 10 cubic feet.

Like "Mama" said, we're willing to share our experiences and if you are not careful, one of us will tell you what you ought to do.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:38 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Henry & Beverly,

Thanks for looking at Excel. When you get ready to sit down and explore your options, we will work with you to get the modifications that you request.

You might be surprised how many ideas we can come up with to make your Excel fit your needs. Just give us a call at 800-368-3759. We'll be honored to help.

Bryan
President
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
We sold our 42 ft cutter in May 2008 & are now fulltiming in a 2003 Excel 33RSE. Love the floor plan, but no computer station. We thought about removing a recliner & building a computer desk, but solved the problem with a wireless printer on the vanity in the bedroom and a "Tablemate" (a table like a TV table, but the legs slide under your chair) for the computer. However, I use a 13" Macbook (which I love) and often prefer to use it on my lap.
Looked at the 2008 33TKE, has a GREAT computer desk. Also, most of the 35 ft & larger models have good computer desks.
The models with rear kitchens have large galleys, but I find our galley really spacious, especially as I don't have to lift up part of the counter to get into the refrigerator as I did on the boat. I was afraid the 8 cu ft refrigerator would be on the small side, but it's quite adequate.
We have copies of every Excel Brochure from 2002 through 2008 with floorplans. Would be glad to scan & e-mail floor plans to you.
We don't miss the "hurricane drill". Watch out for Ike. Be safe & fair winds.
Allons-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome 'Allons-y' to iRV2.com and the Excel Owner's Forum. You'll have to fill us in on the pros/cons of living on the water versus RV'ing.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Allons-y...
I would also like to welcome you to the Excel & iRV2 forums!
You will find ChiefJohn and his forum are a "family" and the only thing you have to do to become part of that family is to say "Excel" ..and you are a "shoe-in"! This warm group of folks will give you all sorts of advise -along with keep you entertained with their antics!
We hope you enjoy it here. Please visit & post often!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote