Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2016, 09:57 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
OH and ask them if they changed the oil in the genset.... if not either ask them to as part of the deal, or change it yourself, or pay someone to do it. once per year, oil and oil filter.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #30

Everyone,
I want to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who has answered my post. I wish I would have came here before buying the rig for some "pre-game" encouragement!! lol
you guys really are great, just hearing from individuals, who I know are definitely not trying to sell me something, about how good of a motor home I have purchased makes the world of difference. I am sorry for such a delayed response, but I finally slept last night and I slept pretty hard. I have honestly been tied in knots since I agreed to this purchase on Wednesday. However, today as I am writing this I feel great!!

My best advice from my standpoint is that with the RV, being so expensive and completely uncharted territory for me, it was the unknown that really terrified me. Hearing your experiences, and getting your words of encouragement really have made all the difference.

Unless more people would like to continue this post, a moderator may close it, as I have MOST CERTAINLY had everything I needed answered taken care of and much more. I will make a new post on Monday about my delivery and I will include some pictures so i can "show off" .

Again, THANK YOU!!!
newkids8174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:27 AM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Good luck on your new to you RV. You probably want to get an emergency roadside service. I use Good Sam's, but there are other good services discussed on this forum.

You might also consider an Extended warranty. A 2008 coach might still qualify. Good Sam's also provides these. (There are also other good RV warranty companies out there.) Both of these will buy you some peace of mind. (at a price.) At purchase time, a dealer sometimes can get you a warranty on an older coach, but after you purchase the unit it may be to old to get independent coverage.

Regards,

Jerry
2013 Newmar Bay Star 3002 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma
JerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:39 AM   #32

Make sure you read the manual. We bought our first RV in November and we were told things that were incorrect. Luckily no major damage....thank goodness for this site, manuals, and Thor Technicians...all helped me to gain a better understanding of my RV as well as helping me be more confident. I figure if I mess it up, I will learn and move forward.
FranssenCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:46 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've had my Winnebago for over a year (bought new) and it has been problem-free. I am still happy I bought it!
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Newkids,

Welcome to the forum! You are going to love your Winnebago! We bought a 2004 almost a year ago with less than 19,000 miles on it. A V10 Ford engine, 1 slide, and 33 ft. I would definitely drive the rig with the salesman (before you sign papers) because they are used to driving with newbies and can give you some helpful hints or correct your driving. Drive at least a half hour and if the highway is close go take it there. Seriously, you are going to love driving it! Otherwise, taking it to a Walmart or mall at night and just practicing is a good idea. Slow country roads just for practice, another way to learn.

I agree with all the comments about water in pipes and sinks, drains. Make sure the roof is good as stated, caulking is important but not a deal breaker. ROOF leak would be a deal breaker for me. Make sure the levelers are working correctly. First time I pushed the button I almost jumped out of the seat it scared me so bad. I laugh about it now.

In a year, you will be the one greeting a newbie who is scared they made a mistake and telling your story to them. You are going to love this hobby and your Winnebago. I own one and I love it as much as the first day I drove it.

Enjoy and come back with pictures, questions, and stories of fun. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first-time owner, new rvers, purchase, winnebago