Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2013, 06:02 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the forum, you'll learn a lot and have a few laughs along the way!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #16

Wel, we settled on an older model 5th wheel for now - a "93 Fleetwood Avion, that is in pretty good shape for it's age - something we can afford.

Have to get a stackable washer and dryer for it though. Looked at Bosch out of Germany, but they are just under 3K new. Nothing on Craigs List I have found yet. Anyone know of a good source for these where you don't have to sign your life away? Does not have to be Bosch unless there is no other game in town. The closet area is 28" square and maybe 6 feet high.
msquared48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
About feb 2012 the DW and i decided to leave our Condo and try the summer full time.
We bought a new 2011 29ft Sprinter feb 2012 used it for 4.5 months and once the DW realized she liked the RV lifestyle we traded the sprinter in for a 2012 fifth wheel 38ft xx inches with 2 ac units. 4 slides.
The sprinter travel trailer was nice but the fiver gives you room to strech if three years is the plan look for space get the most for your dollar and if its hot ware you live 2 ac units are a must my Sprinter had one,
And after the temps in the 90s the sun would warm things up in there.

If you plan on living in it full time, for as you say three years then i will asume it will stay at the same site year round. then you could get somone to tow it to your site if you dont have a pickup at this time.

full time for three years i recomend a fifth wheel 35 to 40ft
2 ac units
10 galion water heater
3 to 4 slide outs
king bed is a plus/ ours is a queen, invest in a comfy mattress ours was 975 from bedinabox.com
A camp ground with full hookups is awsome but if your trying to save $ stay ware its best for you.
We are in a stick house again but if we didnt have winters in Wisconsin i would love to stay in the rv, I cant wait to retire.
BEST WISHES AND GOOD LUCK
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
We went to the local laundry mat big machines there, quick to get it done,
We are set up for a washer & dryer but when i look at them lol they only look like they could fit one shirt at a time.