Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Fleetwood Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #1

Question Looking seriously at RV

Hello everyone, been reading a lot of posts about RVs. Had a 36' Winnebago in the 90s, new and loved it. Looks like the RV industry has changed completely along with my finances. Looking to buy cheap and used now. A 2005 Fleetwood Discovery 35M has caught my eye with mileage under 30K and a DP. Anyone have experience with these MH?
beachgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2020, 08:58 PM   #2

Here are some previous threads in and around what you're looking at that may get you started.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2005...earch=irv2.com
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:15 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good info to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up or add info if you can.

What ever you choose have an independent inspection (one you pay for) done on the rig.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #4

I have put 30k on my Discvovery with full wall slide. No major issues.
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:46 PM   #5

thanks

thanks for the links and the reassurance. Unfortunately cannot go out due to c virus. Hope everyone is staying well.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:24 PM   #6

I had a no slide 1997 37 Discovery bought used with a Cummings , never had an issue over five years. I now own a 2007 bought new Fleetwood 38V Bounder diesel full wall mostly reliable. House repairs, TV upgrades, one slide motor small slide motor easy to fix, tank sensor, House water house, cat engine sreplaced both slide toppers, spun a radiator fan bearing under warranty at 3, furnace repair, refrigerator board under warranty sums up my ownership. Over 12 years pretty normal repairs. I would fear a full wall for lack of parts and never electric levelers get only hydraulic . I'm largely happy but scared of my full slide. Fleetwood all small slides good value overall. I'd rather have a Tiffan.
Jimfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:41 AM   #7

I have a '04 Discovery 38T. Great coach no problems.
I replaced a 02 Discovery that burned because of a fridge fire.
It was a great coach too...up till the fire.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgeek View Post
Hello everyone, been reading a lot of posts about RVs. Had a 36' Winnebago in the 90s, new and loved it. Looks like the RV industry has changed completely along with my finances. Looking to buy cheap and used now. A 2005 Fleetwood Discovery 35M has caught my eye with mileage under 30K and a DP. Anyone have experience with these MH?
I have a 2006 35H Discovery. What kind of questions do you have?
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:21 AM   #9

Red face Have to reevaluate, Corona economics got me

Well I just took a 10% pay cut so have to reevaluate. Might be a little while. The questions I mostly had were how reliable is the coach, does it break a lot.
Seems to be a lot of people with their coaches in the shop, but maybe just for new coaches.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgeek View Post
Well I just took a 10% pay cut so have to reevaluate. Might be a little while. The questions I mostly had were how reliable is the coach, does it break a lot.
Seems to be a lot of people with their coaches in the shop, but maybe just for new coaches.
Well, this is our second Discovery Motorcoach. Our first one we bought in 2000. If I thought it broke a lot I sure wouldn't have bought our second one. However, these "houses on wheels" do need a lot of problem fixes over time.

I usually tell people who want to buy a motorhome of any brand, you either have to be real handy with tools, or the money to pay someone to fix it.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote