Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2021, 07:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearstream1 View Post
You guys sound like a hoot! Tell me every time you open the door, does the outside change?????
Love it. And yes it does for us. That's the great thing about RVing.

Calcifer, welcome aboard.
We have our collection of Miyazaki dvd/blu rays onboard for bad weather days
BYoshida is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2021, 11:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
I'll confess, I like to laugh...and life gives plenty to laugh at, and sometimes bad situations can be endured no other way...
This is exactly how my family and friends are. We are laughers. Even in the most inappropriate situations! Its our defense mechanism.

Im sorry to hear about your grandfather. I lost mine in April. That day my mother turned to me and asked, “Would it be wrong to get a party hero??” Lol. I like to think it was a sign from my grandmother, being so happy to see him, she sent down the message saying “Dont be sad. This is cause to celebrate!”

Attitude is everything.
Bearstream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:17 PM   #17

Welcome to the forum! Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dad about 7 years ago while we were stationed in Germany. It's difficult to lose a loved one and I commend you for keeping up a positive attitude.

I'm relatively new to the forum myself; But, I carry a CDL and have been living full-time in an RV for a bit over a year. We roll in a 42' 5th wheel. It takes some getting used to, and noone can fault you for feeling nervous driving something so big. It was a relatively easy transition for me driving ours because I had experience driving semi's, box trucks, tankers, etc.. That being said, I also crunched the back end of ours a little haha. Wasn't quite expecting it to bottom out so easily(Fortunately no serious damage).

That's what it is though, a transition. Just take it slow and easy and things will get easier. It is harder driving a long straight truck than a trailer, the margin for error is far smaller. Practice and look up some trucker information via google, turning radius/etc. There's some great info out there that can be applied to driving an RV as well.

Good luck,
Chris

P.S. - When my wife first drove it, scared the ever living crap out of me, but she did really well. I also don't take well being a passenger haha.
chrisicool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcifer View Post
Thanks for the welcome Mike. I know it wasn't intended...your message comes off a bit ominous...but I know what you mean...
Sorry for your loss.... Did not mean it to be ominous ... LOL. I love humor and appreciated yours intended or not. When I find my ice maker not working and go through a thousands steps to figure out why only to realize i did not turn on the water pump to ensure it had water. All i can do is smile and say whew close one or a flat tire when my TPMS alerted just in time to prevent any damage to my undercarriage, I just have to smile and Forest Gump it with sh%t happens.
Mike-NM is offline   Reply With Quote