Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #1

New Bee from Fla in NY

Hello everybody, from Clermont Fla living in a 73 Holiday Vacationer in Turin New York, and Loving it. Living at Snow Ridge Campground for the winter, working out the bugs in my Travel trailer, Y'all would Love the view, the place is quiet for know, four wheelers and snow sleds in the winter, by the trail and full hook ups 30/50, dump station , and a Clean bathhouse. Towpath And Steak and Brew restraint is just a walk away, you can ski in and out or four wheel or sled. My name is Dave and I will be here all Winter so come see me and have a great time, Thank-You for having me
DaveDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hi Dave! You are a brave soul. I remember going to Turin as a kid. Snow, snow, and more snow and COLD! LOL I am from the Adams area originally and now live in NC. Stay warm and welcome to IRV2.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Dave! Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy your stay in that beautiful area and stay warm!
Good luck and safe travels!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Welcome Dave, We are from Cicero NY and will be doing the opposite in just a few weeks as we head to Florida for the winter. Loved to ski when I was a kid but the cold no longer appeals to us.

How do they handle the water and sewer lines in the CG with the subzero temps we get in upstate NY? I also imagine with the light insulation in a camper you would run through propane very quickly. Keep a snow shovel handy up there because you will see lots of it.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dave! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad to have you join the bunch here! Hey, man, you've got your seasons mixed up! You're supposed to go to New York in the summertime, not the winter! You're gonna freeze your bootie off up there! Good luck & God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Dave and welcome to the group. I hope you've got plenty of money to heat that in the winter because you'll need it. About mid Feb. you'll br looking for a way out and it may be by sled dog. Good luck on your winter stay in NY. Makes me cold thinking about it.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Dave and welcome. BRRRR! Hope you enjoy your time this winter. I think we'll stick with a warmer climate. Have fun.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #8

Thank Y'all for the support, Where I was in Florida it was All About the Mouse, Disney and I needed to just get away from the Rat Race, and I am calmer for know... But I will end back up in Fla or go back to San Jose Ca. But next time in back in Fla I Will be South of where I was. Miss the changing of the seasons, and all My friends and family that I have there. Thank All of you for the greetings and Y'all be safe, I know this TT is going to eat Propane like crazy, and the Gas Man is going to Love me this year.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #9

In response to Hd2 mark they have only been open for 2 years and they got bugs to work out , see the people that use this camp ground are Sleders and skiers and a few wheelers so theyhook up the sewers and bring their own water because The water freezes, Primative but it will work for me this year, and this was the second question I asked too.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:48 PM   #10

Sorry HD4MARK , some time I mess things up I apologize for that, Old Forge is just 30 minutes away and it's a Beautiful ride through there this time of year