Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #1

New from phoenix

We are actually in Glendale which runs down the west side of Phoenix.

We bought an 88, 25' Holiday Rambler Monitor SL in 2001 from a friend. Ford chassis, 460, C-6 transmission. This I believe is a F350 chassis wt. twin I beam front end. Ford had not started building a dedicated motor home chassis in 87 which is its date.

Jean and I love to camp in the high country and the size is ideal for us. I have changed the house batteries to golf carts and added four more behind the grill. They power a 1800 watt Prosine inverter. Upgraded the converter to a 80 amp Inteli Power wt. Wizard. Built a cage for a 500 watt Honda generator which sets on the tow bar extension. It deliveries enough into the converter for around 50 amps of battery charging. Saves on running the Onan 4 KW. Have done a number of other things to make it what makes a tinker happy.

Really appreciate finding this site and Vintage RV's.

Currently repairing hail damage from a freak storm. Broke the vents, AC shroud and pod. Aluminum roof will get a elastomeric coating to fill the dents. Love having an RV I can afford and work on myself.

Our Forester toad was totaled in July when we were rear ended by a drunk at 40 MPH in mid afternoon. Our Olds Aurora is not exactly towing materal, so will be looking for a replacement.

Just fully retired and still adjusting to it. )

Sorry for the long winded introduction.

Jim
JAMESRAYSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2010, 05:10 AM   #2

Hello Jim and welcome to the site. We also have a vintage MH and the (ability to)tinker aspect is one I appreciate..and DW is sometimes apprecative and sometimes amused by all my goings on in that respect. We acquired ours just this past summer and am still learning its personality..this site is perfect for my curiosity and the community here has helped in a myriad of ways.
Sounds as though you are fully engaged with yours and have a plan. Have you seen the Boondock Forum?..may also be of interest to you.
Have fun!
Kountry87Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jim;

We are glad you found us. We have a wealth of info available here just by asking so don't be afraid to ask. Post often and share your RV adventures with us.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:01 AM   #4

Welcome messages!

Thanks for your good wishes.

Not everything I do is appreciated by the DW. )

She is very much, "If it works, don't fix it."

"Engaged" is a bit of an understatement. Must learn to finish one project before getting into the next so that the unit is ready to go.

Boondock does sound like a good group for us.

Looking forward to mining the knowledge that is obviously here.

Jim

JAMESRAYSR is offline   Reply With Quote